Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Standard YouTube App (not YouTube TV) will not launch Oct 2020

I have a TCL Roku TV that I use everyday. The system is up to date, but the YouTube app/channel will not open. It loads on a black screen like it’s about to open, then sends you back to the home screen. I have removed the channel, restarted the tv/system, the added the channel back and it still refuses to open. The app itself is also up to date. I unplugged the TV and restarted it that way with the same method as above, still to no avail. I know people have had this problem in the past, but after trying all of their solutions, it still does not launch. This may be a new bug that needs fixed.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Standard YouTube App (not YouTube TV) will not launch Oct 2020

Settings > System > System update > [press OK]

What software version does it say you are running and when does it say you were last updated? Does this coincide with when your problem began?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

We are having the same issue with our TCL Roku TV. 

This must be a new "bug." Also, we tried all the previous fixes with NO LUCK. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Software version 9.3.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem except that it applies to both Youtube AND youtube tv.  But it only applies to the TCL-Roku tv.  Two other tv's and the computer work fine.  Youtube Help claims it has no other reports of this problem, and will research it.

Seems to me that it's either a TCL or a Roku problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@buredi @BlessedMommy @jadii 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos