Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Spectrum wants big bucks to watch local news, what can I do to get my Bay Area channels?

Jump to solution

Spectrum tells me that the lowest price for a bundled TV/ Internet/ phone service is going to be about $200 bucks per month!!! I'm ready to drop them and just stream. We are retired and on a tight budget, as I'm sure most are these days, and I am asking for solutions if anyone has any. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Spectrum wants big bucks to watch local news, what can I do to get my Bay Area channels?

Jump to solution

I've used Tablo for the past couple of years since leaving Directv. They have continuously improved the service with updates. Once you purchase the Tablo, storage, antenna, there are no costs unless you get a Guide Data Subscription.

They have a channel on the Roku which you use to manage the recordings or live tv.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Spectrum wants big bucks to watch local news, what can I do to get my Bay Area channels?

Jump to solution

You don't say whether an antenna is an option. Some housing situations are restrictive, as are many locations. I'd advise you check out tvfool.com and see what over the air stations you may get, and what level of antenna you'd require. 

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

I've used Tablo for the past couple of years since leaving Directv. They have continuously improved the service with updates. Once you purchase the Tablo, storage, antenna, there are no costs unless you get a Guide Data Subscription.

They have a channel on the Roku which you use to manage the recordings or live tv.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks JMM1, I really appreciate your response to my query. As you may know, the introductory rates for new subscribers expire and then your rates go up, way up and you're stuck with the standard price for service

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

You don't say whether an antenna is an option. Some housing situations are restrictive, as are many locations. I'd advise you check out tvfool.com and see what over the air stations you may get, and what level of antenna you'd require. 

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
I do have an unused OTA antenna which is rather restrictive as you state. May have to dust it off and find a good location for it. Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You might take a look at the PlutoTV channel on Roku. I'm in the Kansas City area and several, but not all, of our local channels are streaming on it now. The quality has been very good too. And it's free. Plus there is a lot of other content available; movies, shows, music, etc. 

0 Kudos