Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Spectrum app not allowing me to watch all channels on Roku Streaming Stick

I have several Roku devices.  All are connected to my Internet via Charter.  The Roku Streaming Stick is the only one that is not allowing me to watch all available channels in my package.  I can watch some channels but I get a message that says Connect to your home Spectrum Internet for full access when I try to watch other channels.  Well....I am connected to my Spectrum Internet.  I reset my Internet modem and unplugged the Roku Streaming Stick but I still have the same issue.  The fact that this only happens with the Stick makes me think it's a Roku issue and not Spectrum as my other devices show all channels as expected. Do not buy the Stick if you want to use the Spectrum app.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Spectrum app not allowing me to watch all channels on Roku Streaming Stick

I was getting the same message  when trying to use  the Spectrum app “connect to home Spectrum internet for full access” using the Roku Ultra and Premier, I was missing many channels and it had a little symbol of a home next to all of the missing channels.  I unplugged the power to the modem and disconnected the cable line, unplugged the wireless router, and waited about 1 minute. Then I connected the cable line to the back of the modem, plugged in the power cord and waited for it to get all of the lights back on. After that was done I plugged in the wireless router and waited for that to light up. Next I turned on the Roku and the Spectrum app, everything worked normally again, the home symbol was gone and it showed the channel number.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Spectrum app not allowing me to watch all channels on Roku Streaming Stick

Thank you. Resetting modem (as you suggested) worked for me too.

0 Kudos