Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Spectrum App

After Roku updated to 9.2.0.4807 and the Spectrum app updated to Version 5.6.1 on 1-08-2020 I lost my Favorite Channels and won't let me reinstall them because they are already there. The Favorites are OK on my Desktop,Samsung TV and Apple devices. They were there before the updates. I tried everything that I can think of to correct this problem,no luck. I have a Roku ultra 4660x and a Streaming Stick+ and it happens on both.

When you launch the app the "Checking your account,Organizing your channels and adding you information" comes up but the last one is missing now after the update's Anyone else experiencing this problem?

IMG_0167(1).jpg

0 Kudos
31 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Spectrum App

I only stream channels on Roku. I lost several preference options in settings  including manage favorites. On the guide I lost program information and I have to switch to the program and then hit the down arrow to view information. I can choose "favorites" from the guide view options but it says I have no favorites. On individual channels I can hit ok to add or remove from favorites but this doesn't change anything. The channrl guide still says I have no favorites. This is on boyh Rokus which are fairly new and are different models. Waited on hold for Spectrum for a half hour and no agent ever answered.

Highlighted
Level 7

The spectrum app updated earlier this week and I am experiencing similar issues. I can press the left arrow twice to bring up channel sorting options. Yet when picking favorites, I am told I have no favorites. I can’t seem to find a way to pick favorites, the manage favorites is no longer under the preferences section of the settings menu

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same exact thing happend to me.. No more favorites even though they are selected and the app is really laggy now. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Mine just updated today and I’m having the same problem. When I go to the guide I see that my favorites have been selected but the favorites filters tells me I don’t have any. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Is that all you have to say,that it is not Roku's fault its Spectrum's fault?? When you call Spectrum Support they tell us it's not them,its Roku. Investigate and let us know. It works fine on my Samsung TV,My desktop and my apple devices. So it appears it's a problem between Roku and Spectrum

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same problem, after it upgraded today.  I uninstalled the app and logged out and it seemed to have brought back my favorites.  Although, there's no place to change them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

i too am having same difficulties. Laggy, not saving favorites since 5.6 update.

update:

As of a few hours later, my favorites have been saved and are working, still a bit laggy.  Thanks to whoever corrected this!

Highlighted
Level 7

To maintain favoriyes in the new Spectrun TV app you now have to bring up the Guide and change them from there

0 Kudos