Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcyoung
Level 7

Spectrum App default to last channel

Jump to solution

When I go to spectrum app it would always default to the last channel I watched (usually Ch 3).  Now it defaults to Ch 215.  I've checked settings, researched on-line, nothing.  Is there a way to set it to default back like it was.  This just started several days ago.  Thanks!

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Spectrum App default to last channel

Jump to solution

@wcyoung 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

reprow
Level 7

Re: How do I change my Spectrum Default channel when I select that app

Jump to solution

Try this.

1. With the TV on, press the back arrow at the top of the remote. Live TV will be highlighted.

2. Press the purple down arrow and settings should be highlighted. Press Ok button. Preferences will then be highlighted.

3. Press the right purple arrow and then scroll down to "Startup Channel".

4. Press OK to toggle it to OFF.

5. Hit the Home key (top right) of roku control. Restart the app to watch tv.  Now it should default to last channel.

The above worked for me. Let me know if it worked out for you.

PS. If you prefer for the app to default to a particular channel, you could also select that channel after step 3 of the above. You would just leave step 4 to ON and select your default channel below the Startup Channel menu selection after step 4.

dkoz
Level 7

Re: Spectrum app

Jump to solution

1. With the TV on and the Spectrum App started, press the back arrow at the top of the remote. Live TV will be highlighted. 2. Press the purple down arrow and settings should be highlighted. Press Ok button. Preferences will then be highlighted. 3. Press the right purple arrow and then scroll down to "Startup Channel". 4. Right arrow over to Manage Startup Channel and press OK. 5. Choose your desired Startup Channel and press OK. 6. Use the Arrow at the top of the remote to back out of the menu to TV.

18 REPLIES 18\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Spectrum App default to last channel

Jump to solution

@wcyoung 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

nomit8rs
Level 7

How do I change my Spectrum Default channel when I select that app

Jump to solution

When I select "Spectrum" app on my home page, Spectrum comes on at channel 215, which we have never watched.

All of my Roku devices/tv's do the same thing and this is a new thing.  Is that a setting on Spectrum or Roku?

Thank you for any guidance.

0 Kudos
deb55
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.  When I select the Spectrum app, it comes on to a New York news channel and I have to scroll thru 500 channels to get the station I want.  So frustrating.  Anybody have any solution? Up until last week, the app came on at the last channel watched.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@nomit8rs wrote:

When I select "Spectrum" app on my home page, Spectrum comes on at channel 215, which we have never watched.

All of my Roku devices/tv's do the same thing and this is a new thing.  Is that a setting on Spectrum or Roku?

Thank you for any guidance.

If there is a setting, it will be within the Spectrum channel/app. The Roku device has no control over what is presented within a specific channel, other than the two channels that Roku themselves offer: The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. All other channels are created and supported by 3rd party developers. For this channel, that would be Spectrum. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
reprow
Level 7

Jump to solution

Try this.

1. With the TV on, press the back arrow at the top of the remote. Live TV will be highlighted.

2. Press the purple down arrow and settings should be highlighted. Press Ok button. Preferences will then be highlighted.

3. Press the right purple arrow and then scroll down to "Startup Channel".

4. Press OK to toggle it to OFF.

5. Hit the Home key (top right) of roku control. Restart the app to watch tv.  Now it should default to last channel.

The above worked for me. Let me know if it worked out for you.

PS. If you prefer for the app to default to a particular channel, you could also select that channel after step 3 of the above. You would just leave step 4 to ON and select your default channel below the Startup Channel menu selection after step 4.

Dallas11
Level 7

Spectrum app

Jump to solution

Why when I turn on my roku. And select spectrum app it goes to a certain channel always. How do I change the channel I would like to go to automatically when I turn on set and select spectrum app.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

This is a function of the Spectrum app, which is supplied by Spectrum.  You need to contact them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Bunny004
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you soooooo much! It worked 

0 Kudos
dkoz
Level 7

Jump to solution

1. With the TV on and the Spectrum App started, press the back arrow at the top of the remote. Live TV will be highlighted. 2. Press the purple down arrow and settings should be highlighted. Press Ok button. Preferences will then be highlighted. 3. Press the right purple arrow and then scroll down to "Startup Channel". 4. Right arrow over to Manage Startup Channel and press OK. 5. Choose your desired Startup Channel and press OK. 6. Use the Arrow at the top of the remote to back out of the menu to TV.