Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
church2016
Level 7

Re: How do I get the roku aquatic life screensaver on my roku 3?

Its not only for 4K...if it is...it is just Roku trying to make people upgrade.
I successfully installed it and had it running on my Roku streaming stick (non-4K)...then immediately upgraded the system update and now it says it cannot open because not enough space...try deleting channels...I deleted about 10 channels and it still doesnt work.
0 Kudos
MOSFET
Level 7

Same here... Brand New Roku Express+ Model 3931RW (2019 Walmart-exclusive model with Wireless + Voice Remote). The first thing I tried to add was "Aquatic Life". The result:

(!) Channel Install Failed

Could not add 'Aquatic Life'.

Next I searched the Help section - Nothing. Then I tried to contact Customer Support - THERE'S NO WAY! So I gave up on Aquatic Life and moved on to my next problem - how to figure out what stuff actually COSTS. That's not going well either.

My first experiences with Roko have NOT been good:

1. Content that doesn't install on my new device.

2. Opaque product pricing.

3. ZERO ways to contact Customer Support.

Sigh...

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

While Aquatic Life used to have versions for all boxes, whomever offers the screensaver (apparently Roku) decided to make it for 4K boxes only. I agree that their description should state it's 4K only. 

But I'm not following your comment about costs. For screensavers, if it's not free, the cost is listed in the description. I do see that some say "May require additional fees". Those usually include some sort of advertisements, and you can pay to remove them. What those fees are generally aren't listed external to the channel. This applies to standard channels (not just screensavers) as well. You'll find the same on any streaming device, it's not specific to Roku. 

Contacting customer support is difficult, but not impossible. If you walk through the self-help documents on their web site, it will eventually offer a contact phone number. Don't do a web search for Roku support, because you'll be bombarded with sites that offer support, but only want to charge you something or connect to your computer. Both are bad ideas, and official Roku support will never ask for it. Also, the phone number for Roku support isn't toll-free, so if you see one, it's going to be a scam site.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

@church2016 wrote:
Its not only for 4K...if it is...it is just Roku trying to make people upgrade.
I successfully installed it and had it running on my Roku streaming stick (non-4K)...then immediately upgraded the system update and now it says it cannot open because not enough space...try deleting channels...I deleted about 10 channels and it still doesnt work.

It used to be available on 1080 devices, but Roku changed it to be 4K only. Perhaps to push for you to upgrade? Perhaps. They certainly wouldn't be the first company to do so.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 8

The Aquatic Life screensaver is still available for 1080p devices - but only if you install it on a 4K device first - at which point it will show as an installed screensaver on your (newer?) 1080p device (Settings/Screensaver/Browse Screensavers/My Screensavers).

This is what I do with my SS+ (3810) and SS (3800), on both 9.1.0 and 9.2.0 RokuOS versions.

0 Kudos
Sagester
Level 7

That's such a bummer, I feel for you and the rest of us having these same issues... One would think that Roku would be fixing these issues, especially with all the competition now and coming. Good luck to all of us!
0 Kudos
tdr151
Level 7

Aquatic Life Screen Saver

Hi,

Is there any way Roku will add relaxing music to the aquatic screen saver? Thank would be awesome

0 Kudos