Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Solution For ROKU TV Adding Channels

I recently had an issue with my ROKU TV adding over 750 channels that I did not personally pick myself.  Also, when I did try to watch a channel there would be a prompt that said " Cannot view channel due to there not being enough room ".  I would then try to delete many of those channels one by one which was time consuming and frustrating.  Here is what I did to solve this issue, and believe me this solution came about totally by accident.  After resetting my ROKU TV back to factory settings, I was prompted to setup my wifi connection and to put in my email address.  That was were the solution was to my ROKU TV problem, the email address.

Change your email address when you are at that part of setting up your ROKU TV.  After you put in your new email address, roku will send an activation link.  Open that email account, find the email that roku just sent you, and click on that link.  It will take you to the roku website.  You will see create a new account.  Do that, create a new account

After creating the new account on the roku.com website, do not select anything when asked what types of programs you'd like to view...examples, free movies, etc.  Move on through the setup without making any selections whatsoever.  Once you have completed setting up your new account on the roku website your roku tv will start loading a few channels.  You will see a big difference in what it initially loads.  It put only 33 channels on my roku tv.  That was a huge difference from 750.  I was then able to make the selections I wanted on my roku tv, and believe me that made all the difference.  I hope this can help others that have that overload of channels on their roku tv.  May you and your families stay blessed, safe and well.  Huggies All  Woman Very Happy

0 Kudos