Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gems1220
Level 7

Slingplayer channel no longer supported

Jump to solution

Today when I went to cast my chosen channel on the slingplayer channel I was given a message saying this app is no longer supported.
What is this? Why would an app be available and no longer work ?

I have the roku express

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Slingplayer no long supported

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out! We apologize for any confusion.

Channels may be removed at any time for a variety of reasons, including at the request of the channel provider. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360004150534-why-is-a-channel-no-longer-available-on-my-roku-stream...

We'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for more information and support.

You can reach SlingPlayer support here: http://support.slingbox.com/contact

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
125 Replies
JCSAC81
Level 7

Roku Sitck 3800x with Slingplayer

Jump to solution
I just bought a Roku Stick 3800x model from best buy. I've loaded a bunch of apps and have used some of them just fine.  I primarily bought this to upgrade my Chromecast 1 as i was having a lot of problems with apps crashing while casting - especially on my slingbox app which is why i bought this.  I've seen only a couple people complain about this Stick not working with slingplayer on any version where its on iphone, ipad or android.  Has anyone come up with a way to make this work as its supposed to?  Apparently it used to work until an os upgrade on Roku. 

I'm definitely connected to my wifi, my phone and ipad are as well.  I can cast netflix, hulu, etc.  Slingpayer is a no go.  Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
baseski
Level 7

NO MORE SLINGPLAYER

Jump to solution

[Content edited per Roku Community Guidelines]

Roku Streaming Icon does not appear on iphone and ipad apps. DO NOT PURCHASE ROKU. This is the same thing that Chromecast did. They blame it on Slingplayer, HA! Don't waste your time going through all the ropes  like I have discussed with many people. Say BYE BYE to your's and my investment.

0 Kudos
23rdDjin
Level 7

Re: NO MORE SLINGPLAYER

Jump to solution
NEWSFLASH:

Millions of others can still easily find entertainment through their ROKU as there are many, many, MANY people who do not now, nor have they ever, bothered with Slingplayer and their investment retains its worth.

"if it itches, play it..." - David Bowie - 1999
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: NO MORE SLINGPLAYER

Jump to solution
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Slingplayer no long supported

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out! We apologize for any confusion.

Channels may be removed at any time for a variety of reasons, including at the request of the channel provider. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360004150534-why-is-a-channel-no-longer-available-on-my-roku-stream...

We'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for more information and support.

You can reach SlingPlayer support here: http://support.slingbox.com/contact

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
TimHedrick
Level 8

Re: Slingplayer channel no longer supported

Jump to solution

Same here.  No warning at all.  Roku advised me that the Slingplayer "channel" was removed at Slingbox/Slingplayer's request.  I assume this is due to a fee dispute between Slingbox and Roku, however, I couldn't get Roku to comment on this or the likelihood of the feature returning.  It is completely impossible to have direct contact with a human being through Slingbox's website.

Both Roku's and Slingbox's websites continue to promote both devices as being able to function together even after this actions was taken.  Seems like a great case for a class action consumer lawsuit to me!   We bought both of our devices solely for the purpose of using them together.   Hundreds of dollars wasted if this is not resolved.  

kironne
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is unacceptable!   I bought the whole thing!   Hundreds of dollars wasted if this is not resolved!

mitchjs
Level 8

Jump to solution

there seems to NO way to contact slingbox people

(if they still supporting this)

other than the platform seems to still be running... just not on Roku

TimHedrick
Level 8

Jump to solution
And BOTH companies’ websites continue to indicate they will stream media to one another. Some lawyer will make a mint off this...