Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Slingplayer no long supported

Jump to solution

Actually, that's on slingbox.com.

Count me among the unhappy campers.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

i dont by the FW upgrade!!!
its pulled for some other reason... 

i went and got a chromecast.. epic fail
plays, then gets choppy then eventually aborts!

the roku tvs did this flawlessly

mitch

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Programers for Fire TV and Google app are both Android based.  Roku is its own OS.  I assume the Roku team was let go a long time ago.  They cheap to hire a team to update it since hardware is probably EOL.

Bad that they have all that material they out there saying they support Roku.  Smell Class action lawsuit from some lawyer people who do that sort of thing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Firestick doesnt support all slingboxes; or as many as Roku (did). Same with Chromecast.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Please everyone leave a 1 star review of Slingplayer app and say doesn’t support Roku.  Strength in numbers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Slingplayer channel no longer supported

Jump to solution
Casting is the slingplayer workaround....cast directly to your tv or your roku.....change the aspect ratio on your phone to 16:9
I also bought roku for slingplayer app...
No wonder roku stock heading to the basement
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@dawgbiscuit wrote:
Casting is the slingplayer workaround....cast directly to your tv or your roku.....change the aspect ratio on your phone to 16:9
I also bought roku for slingplayer app...
No wonder roku stock heading to the basement

It's "heading in the basement" because Sling won't write an app for it?  I think you're confused who does what in this business.

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution
So if Roku did not make their firmware new version backwards compatible, it's SlingPlayer's fault?
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@rj0 wrote:
So if Roku did not make their firmware new version backwards compatible, it's SlingPlayer's fault?

Yes.  It is not Roku's fault that Sling is choosing not to support their own app and update it as the underlying system updates.

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@twiceover wrote:

@rj0 wrote:

Yes.  It is not Roku's fault that Sling is choosing not to support their own app and update it as the underlying system updates.

Let me understand: So Roku removed working software functionality, and it's the other guys fault.

As a long-time professional software developer, I find that logic incredibly faulty.

0 Kudos