Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

SiriusXM App on RokuTV not displaying Art / UI as well as on older Roku3

I just got a new, 2019-model TCL RokuTV, and connected it to the account I've used for 2 prior (still active) Roku3 units.  An app I've gotten a lot of mileage out of is SiriusXM, as a longtime subscriber.  I was listening yesterday afternoon when I noticed the current song selection's album art was abysmally low in quality - super low resolution, compressed to all **bleep**.  Not a subtle issue, if you know what I mean.

For a moment I assumed this was an issue from the Sirius server side, as in like, "get better picture files, guys..." - but the next song had the same issue, and so forth.

So, I fired up the same app on my trusty old Roku3 (during the same song, even).  The difference was night and day - the same song with the "same" album art picture except this one looks like it wasn't half-downloaded on a dialup modem.

I noted the app version numbers, and both seem to be the same (i'm not at home right now so I can't repeat *what* they are).  There are no issues that I know of with my internet connectivity.  Audio quality seems fine on both.  I don't know of any other apps having this issue, but haven't checked others, i.e. Pandora, yet.

Any hints?  Is there something I'm missing?  I couldn't find any sort of advanced settings that would affect this.

0 Kudos