Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Ads on Hulu Cause Program to Zoom In

Jump to solution

Has anyone figured out this issue? Mine started zooming in a couple of weeks ago, and, it seems to be happening more frequently now. I have 2 tv with Roku on them, and they BOTH do it, so that leads me to believe it's not the devices but , an issue on HULUS end. It's incredible frustrating!

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Ads on Hulu Cause Program to Zoom In

Jump to solution

I don't understand why no one from either ROKU or HULU has not chiming in on this feed. I have called HULU and have not got a reasonable answer. I plan to call HULU again (the squeaky wheel gets the grease). I guess I need to also call Roku next to see if they care. I feel like NO ONE cares about this matter or their costumers. I encourage everyone who is one this feed to call both Roku and HULU's costumer service's about their respective lack of response to this issue. I also like yesngo's idea of getting the Amazon 4K Fire Stick. I also believe that there are other options out there for us besides ROKU.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

Not true. I have zero issues if I use amazon stick or appletv. Only on roku platform 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue. When will Roku or Huku acknowledge this?  

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If you change your Roku setting from auto detect to just 4K or just 720 then it will go away. The setting is under the Roku settings menu and then Display. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You have literally written the most smartest post in this entire forum! It HAS to be a Roku issue for ALL of the reasons you mentioned! All streaming devices need to do periodic updates so they can perform efficiently. But if the codes they (the programmers who do the updates) enter into the updates do not correlate with the apps that the specific streaming device uses then issues can certainly occur due to miscommunications between the app and the streaming device. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the apps. It has to do with how the device processes and runs each app. It’s rare (programmers USUALLY know what they’re doing). But if you do coding for 18 hours straight or more at a time you’re bound to press a wrong key every now and then thus affecting the effectiveness of the streaming device update.

Also, more proof that it’s not a HULU issue: I have the family plan where three screens can be running at the same time on my account. My brother has an Amazon Fire Stick, my mom has an AppleTV, and my unfortunate ass has a Roku Ultra. And of course I am the ONLY one experiencing this issue. And all three of these devices are linked to the same Hulu account! I asked my bro and mom if they were having the same issue I was having and they both made me feel like an idiot saying that it FOR SURE has something to do with my resolution settings on my TV. Funny, all three of us have Vizio TVs and when I went through and explained my current TV settings to them and they realized that we all have the exact same TV settings set, then THEY were the ones who felt like the idiots, but whatever. I haven’t heard ANYTHING back from Roku on this issue either. Still waiting on a reply. But I’m really glad to see a lot of people reporting this issue. The more people who bring this us to them I’m hopeful the faster they will get on it to fix it.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Do any of you work in software? You write the app for the platform you are given. Roku gives Hulu what they need for development (APIs, certain base code, etc). It's on Hulu to write an app that works on the platform. Given that other apps that show ads work flawlessly on Roku, and that Hulu works fine on other platforms, it's safe to say the Hulu Roku app is junk. Amazon, Crackle, PlutoTV, etc, ALL cut in to show ads, and none of them screw up the resolution. Why is that?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Good to know! The info I was given was given to me second hand from what I thought was a really reliable source, so, oops! But thanks for clearing that up! Sucks that the Hulu app ONLY for Roku is so **bleep**. :-(

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

From the Roku home screen go to "Settings"  Then go to "Display Type".  The zooming in happens when I was on "Auto Detect".  Try switching to the appropriate settings other than Auto Detect.   I switched to 720p cuz I don't have a 4k tv.  It seems to work for me so far. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It is definitely the software programming issue on Roku's end.  I have tried deleting hulu app and reinstalling, changing to each different display setting, multiple restarts with no effect.  It seems like it only happens for people with ads though using Roku express.  Do they want us to upgrade to ad-free hulu or newer Roku device???????  Some days I wanna just smash the darn thing lol.  

0 Kudos