Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nbafan
Level 9

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

-Roku device model RC462 ; 3811X - Roku streaming stick +
-serial number YHOO8k692405
-device ID 255058692405
-software OS/version 9.3.0 build 4194-50
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-version/build of the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-when does this issue occur? what were you doing/what was happening on the screen? the basketball game moved to commercial - 
-do you have ads or ad free? Ad Free
-is this issue happening on Hulu live or video on demand? HULU Live
-what is your display type set to? 720
-are you watching specific content when this happens? YES, It occurs at almost every commercial break for the NBA on TNT. 
-is this issue reproducible? yes, everytime there is a commercial (the little yellow 'ad' icon appears in the upper right corner.)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Nbafan 

Thanks for providing us with the information that we have requested.

We have passed the information along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MrMola
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello,

It has been a month and some change since you resolved this issue and the zoom problem is still happening. I started streaming Hulu from my laptop in lieu of using the Roku box. Please provide an update if you can. 

Nbafan
Level 9

Jump to solution

I would encourage all that post to provide this very specific information so that the engineers can better figure out root cause.

If you are still seeing this issue, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-version/build of the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-when does this issue occur? what were you doing/what was happening on the screen?
-do you have ads or ad free?
-is this issue happening on Hulu live or video on demand?
-what is your display type set to?
-are you watching specific content when this happens?
-is this issue reproducible?

0 Kudos
wynsmth26
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I just posted all the info for yet another instance of this issue & it got deleted...AGAIN! Does Roku really want to get this resolved or are they just jerking us around??? 

0 Kudos
wynsmth26
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Yet again, less than 2 minutes ago, NBA ON TNT!!!!!!!!

I already posted all the other info earlier. I tried to post everything today about an earlier incident but the post disappeared! 

ID 00-341-186

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@wynsmth26 

Thanks for the posts.

You have already provided us your information in a previous post and I have already passed it along to the appropriate team for further investigation. Duplicate posts of the same content will be removed per the Community guidelines.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wynsmth26
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

They are not duplicate posts. They are unique, individual instances of the problem with different Issue IDs.

0 Kudos
Just5sportsnuts
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes. Same replicated issues here. 

I have to switch channels and switch back after every single ad break during nba games on TNT. Been like this for weeks. 

Seems to be the only time this occurs. Never does when games are on ESPN. 

0 Kudos
TarheelinAZ
Level 7

Jump to solution

So is there a fix for this, or do you simply just pass this on to someone and ignore it???

I am new and this is happening on Roku stick+ and Roku Ultra and not sure if it is Roku or Hulu... But exactly the same issue as everyone else. 

0 Kudos