Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem and I know its an issue with the Roku because I watch Hulu on my Amazon Fire Stick in my loving room and do not have this problem. Hoping this gets fixed soon!!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and patience regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that we have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

We have the same problem with Hulu on Roku. Any estimate when this will be fixed?  I exit the app after the commercial to fix the frame problem and when I come back in I have the watch the 2:30 minutes of commercials again. We need to be able to skip the commercials we’ve seen already!!!!!

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

Not to get too personal, but where in your house it the "loving room"? I think I need one of those.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I know the fix! Go to your settings on the roku. Switch the picture settings to anything BUT auto-detect. I switched mine to 1080. That fixed it!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

We’ve been having that same problem with zoom in on Hulu plus and use Roku to stream. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Try and change the picture settings on the roku itself to anything but “auto detect”. I changed mine to 1080. It might be a temporary fix but it worked for me. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

@tiaj I tried that it didn’t work for me. I already tried everything Hulu said I just have to wait for the roku update to fix it

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

That may have worked for you and I'm glad it did. But it did not work for me. I've tried every setting in the Display category with no luck. It is always the ads that trigger the zoom effect. Makes me wonder if this is a Hulu conspiracy to push people up into the "no ads" subscription. Nonetheless, I sure wish Hulu and Roku would resolve this issue. Not sure how much longer I can tolerate this before seeking alternate products. 

Level 8

Jump to solution

its bull$h!t for sure - You are paying for the d@mn serivce

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny, you're the first to even admit there's a known issue.  I've called in at least three times over the last six months, and all customer service reps claim that I don't know what I'm talking about, or there isn't an issue with the app, and even suggested I need to purchase new devices, and the two we have are just a little over a year old.  This was even occurring before your rate hike.  So, how about prioritizing the fix to sooner rather than later, as since your last rate hike, customer service as well as his service has gone down hill.

0 Kudos