Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

Okay so I have Hulu live and everything I watch something after a commercial it zooms in and I can only see a portion of the show I’m watching. I have to completely exit out of Hulu to fix it but it does it again at the next commercial. I have unplugged the roku over night hoping that would help. Nothing seems to help. Anyone had this issue before? How do I fix it? It’s driving me nuts.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and patience regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that we have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

221 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue, but it is with on-demand Hulu, not the live TV version. Specifically, it is when watching Agents of SHIELD. Happened with the two most recent episodes.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I also have this problem especially with Hulu. I just have the basic plan. I have tried checking for updates for the roku restarting it nothing works we have rokus in many rooms of our house because we stream everything and only one does it, which makes me think it is the roku player and not the Hulu app. It has done it for several different things we have watched please let me know if you find a solution we are getting really annoyed

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am also having this issue with Hulu.

Lots of reports of similar problems.  Some get blank or frozen screens with only audio after ads.

There's some change they have made to their ads inserting, or it doesn't play well with latest update on Roku.  My Roku Stick was updated a week ago.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Happens to me on Hulu basic.  The commercials doesn't seem to load correctly or stops abruptly, after which the picture is zoomed in.  I have a Roku Streaming Stick 3800X.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Sarah5030 wrote:

I also have this problem especially with Hulu. I just have the basic plan. I have tried checking for updates for the roku restarting it nothing works we have rokus in many rooms of our house because we stream everything and only one does it, which makes me think it is the roku player and not the Hulu app. It has done it for several different things we have watched please let me know if you find a solution we are getting really annoyed

Are you using the same Roku device in the rooms that don't do it as the one that does?

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes it is the same type of roku. They are the roku express

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It happens to me on Hulu and has for a while, but now it happens on Netflix.  I have gone through Hulu's tech and they don't understand it.  I have turned off and reset and all the fine tuning on Roku and on my tv.  Still keeps zooming in.  Actually it has gotten worse over the last day or so.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem with Hulu Live TV. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Ads on Hulu Cause Program to Zoom In

Jump to solution

While watching Hulu, ads cause the program to zoom in. Just before the ad starts the program cuts abruptly and goes to the ad. When the ad has about 5 seconds left it cuts abruptly again and goes to the program which is now off-center and zoomed in to the point where you can just see the tops of people's heads. Sometimes the ad itself is zoomed in. I have checked aspect ratios, reset the Roku, reloaded the channel, etc. Multiple others on the community forum have noted these same issues. I am using a Roku Streaming Stick.