Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GARoss
Level 8

Roku Ultra crashes when starting any app

Jump to solution

Our Roku Ultra has a intermittent crash issue. The main app screen is visible & I can scroll through & make changes with settings. But when selecting any app, the app starts & a video can be selected to watch but the video never starts & within a few seconds Roku crashes. I have tried several suggestions like restarting Roku & new batteries for the remote but none have helped.

After a week of not using it, it did work for a few hours yesterday but began having the same issue.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GARoss
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra crashes when starting any app

Jump to solution

I called Roku & the tech suggested to do a factory reset. It's working for now. I hope that was it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GARoss
Level 8

Jump to solution

I called Roku & the tech suggested to do a factory reset. It's working for now. I hope that was it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
GARoss
Level 8

Jump to solution

I was leery whether or not a factory reset would correct my issue but after a few days without a mishap it appears to be the correct solution. 4k on FOX SPORTS app look great. Even seems to boot much faster!

Happy viewing with your Roku!

0 Kudos