Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RA45
Level 7

Roku Express (2020) - Now TV App (UK & IRL) crashing

NOW TV app crashing every 10 minutes on all 3 of my Roku Express devices.  Runs fine on Smart TV and Windows 10.  But Roku crashes every 10 minutes - (since Mon Oct 26 2020) - almost like it's an anti-piracy feature has been added to the app.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express (2020) - Now TV App (UK & IRL) crashing

@RA45 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RA45
Level 7

Danny already tried this before I posted on the Community, as I found this as a solution to another issue.

No your solution does not work. 

Also - there is a problem with re-setting the Roku - the #NOWTV system sees it as a new device, and there is a limit devices you can register with them.  So either way does not and will not work

Same issue as @Shawn66 although mentions 15 mins - it more like 9mins 50 secs..

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@RA45 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Now TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Now TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.nowtv.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos