Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Channels problem Canada

I have a Hisense Roku system and I have a problem. Right now Netflix, Roku and any other streaming channels doesn’t seem to work. It’s weird because the YouTube channel works properly, but anything else is dead.

The internet connection is excellent, and as I mentioned before, the YouTube channel works OK.

Any idea?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Roku Channels problem Canada

"Frankcifuentes" wrote:
I have a Hisense Roku system and I have a problem. Right now Netflix, Roku and any other streaming channels doesn’t seem to work. It’s weird because the YouTube channel works properly, but anything else is dead.

The internet connection is excellent, and as I mentioned before, the YouTube channel works OK.

Any idea?

Isn't the Roku Channel US only? Apart from that, there may be an issue with your device and your account if they aren't all properly set up for Canada, since that's where you are located. Perhaps Tanner can assist further.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

I’m in Canada, and it was working good until yesterday. The account is from Canada also. I don’t know what can I do...
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Frankcifuentes" wrote:
I’m in Canada, and it was working good until yesterday. The account is from Canada also. I don’t know what can I do...

My apologies. I was thinking it was US-only, but they did roll it out in Canada too. Sorry.

You've ruled out the location/account sync as an issue.

I don't want to suggest a factory reset on the device, so as a lesser impact step, try removing one of the problem apps, reboot the Roku, then add it back. Do it in that order. If that doesn't do it, it may be factory reset time, but I'd hold off as long as possible on that, in case someone else has an actual useful suggestion.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

Thank you. I’ll try that. It’s weird because trying with my cellphone hotspot, it works, but not with the wifi connection. I know, it seems to be the connection to internet, but YouTube channel does work, and in settings it says the connection is good. It seems to be the connection of Netflix, Roku and other channels. I
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Frankcifuentes" wrote:
Thank you. I’ll try that. It’s weird because trying with my cellphone hotspot, it works, but not with the wifi connection. I know, it seems to be the connection to internet, but YouTube channel does work, and in settings it says the connection is good. It seems to be the connection of Netflix, Roku and other channels. I

Hold up. That does indeed indicate the ISP is the problem. Some ISPs have been accused of screwing with Netflix and other services, though they always deny. If they, either intentionally or unintentionally, have a DNS issue, and you are using your ISP's DNS, then that could be the problem. Try using Open DNS or Google DNS. I've used Google's, others have had good success with Open DNS.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the notes and assistance here!

Similar to the thoughts above, this appears to be an IP address/DNS issue that your ISP will need to assist with. It's possible that your ISP may not have their tables updated accordingly to reflect the correct location of your IP address. If you are using a VPN, it's also possible that this may be impacting your ability to connect to services intended for a specific region, as use of these are not supported. Please reach out to your ISP and double check the correct registration of your IP address to ensure it reflects your current location. 

You can visit www.whatismyip.com to confirm your own IP information, and follow up with them from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos