Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yapete
Level 7

Roku 3 not connecting to Prime Video anymore

My Roku 3 has suddenly stopped connecting to Amazon Prime Video. Each time I try to go to Prime Video, it just thinks about it for a while and then says there is an internet connectivity issue. All other channels work fine and the Roku has a strong signal from our router. I looked at the forum and people suggest to restart (have done that 5 times now) and uninstall/reinstall Prime Video (have done that two times). The first time I tried to reinstall Prime, it failed. 

I then deactivated and reactivated Amazon on my other player (Express - on which Prime works fine) and was able to reinstall Prime on the Roku 3. But it still doesn't work. The only change we did recently is to switch from Comcast to AT&T internet.

Any ideas? Thank you!!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 3 not connecting to Prime Video anymore

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. I tested the channel this morning and it seems to be working fine.

Try removing the Amazon Prime Video channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the Amazon Prime Video channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
yapete
Level 7

No, unfortunately, it doesn't. I removed the channel and restarted the Roku. However, when I do that it logs me out of Amazon altogether and then won't let me add the channel. I then have to go to my other Roku player (Express), sign in again into Amazon, and only then it lets me add the channel again. Then, after adding the channel, when I try to run the channel, it gives me same internet connectivity error, even though all the other channels work and I have a strong signal. I have been going around in circles with this several times now but nothing works.
0 Kudos
yapete
Level 7

The other strange thing is that it gives me the internet connectivity error message first in English and then in German.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yapete 

A few questions to help better understand what you may be experiencing: 

- Where are you currently located when trying to add the Amazon Prime Video channel to your Roku device? 
- Are both Roku devices linked to the same Roku account? 
- Have you contacted Amazon Prime support to report the issue and request additional assistance? 
- Have you confirmed that your internet connection is reporting your location correctly? (Your ISP can help you verify this.) 

The channel provider will be the best source of support for any issue that only impacts their channel on your Roku device. They can provide additional support and assist you further. 

Please keep us posted if you need any additional help. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
yapete
Level 7

Just to update: I did a full factory reset. Had to sign into all my streaming accounts (there are a few), but now it works again. Hopefully will stay that way. During the log in, it mentioned something about a micro-SD. Is that required now?
0 Kudos
yapete
Level 7

- Where are you currently located when trying to add the Amazon Prime Video channel to your Roku device?  In Michigan, never was anywhere else with the Roku.
- Are both Roku devices linked to the same Roku account?  Yes.
- Have you contacted Amazon Prime support to report the issue and request additional assistance?  No, went through Roku first.
- Have you confirmed that your internet connection is reporting your location correctly? (Your ISP can help you verify this.)  Not sure, it's AT&T, so I hope it would...
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear you've got things back on track! 

To help answer your follow-up question, a micro-SD card is not required, but is recommended to add more storage for installing channels. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos