Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VPenguin
Level 7

Roku 2 says "cannot add channel" Roku account says "channel installed"

I'm using a Roku 2 and attempting to add the xfinity stream ap.   On the roku itself I always get the error message that "Channel install failed cannot add".  However, when I go to the roku website and log into my account it says the channel is already installed.  I've triple checked and the channel does not appear on my homescreen on my roku.  It's almost like the channel is stuck in some weird limbo.  

The website will not let me uninstall and since there is no tile on the homescreen I cannot uninstall from there. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 2 says "cannot add channel" Roku account says "channel installed"

@VPenguin 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if the channel is not showing on your device, it's mostly like that the device is not supported by the channel provider.

According to Xfinity support, the Xfinity streaming app is supported on the Roku 2 (4210X only).

For more information about support devices with the Xfinity Channel, visit the Xfinity Support page here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos