Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldow
Level 7

Really disppointed with the new Roku Channel's bait and switch

I'm sick this weekend and was really looking forward to watching all the Twilight movies with the supposedly FREE weekend offer from ROKU for the new #Roku Channel#. Granted these movies are pretty **bleep** stupid but when you have a fever and are generally feeling pretty **bleep**, it's exactly right.

So, FREE in my book does not mean I am peppered with ads all the **bleep** time during the supposedly FREE weekend for a PAID service. And FFS I am sick, the LAST thing I want to see is political ads! No really, think about it, not only do I watch ads but what algorithm decided that a political ad was right to play for a YA story like Twilight? 

So, let's think about this If this is a special FREE weekend and you still have ads, then after I PAY for this service I will STILL GET ADS??? How **bleep** stupid do you think we are?

So, you have lost a potential purchase because there is no way in **bleep**, I will ever pay you to serve me ads. And now I think you are not operating in good faith with your bait and switch offer.

Whatever rock-star marketeer that dreamed this one up should have thought this one through a bit more.

Buhbye, Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ldow
Level 7

Re: Really disppointed with the new Roku Channel's bait and switch

and OMG what are you **bleeoing *** D A M N?  anyway?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: Really disppointed with the new Roku Channel's bait and switch

What service are you paying for?  Did you perhaps get scammed?  There's no fee to use Roku or The Roku Channel.

0 Kudos