Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU is forcing me to sign in into ATT account

My ROKU is forcing me to sign up into the ATT TV account.  Here is what happens, when I turn on the TV and the roku, i get the AT&T TV asking me to enter User ID and Password. I don't have an AT&T account. I can't get out of that screen and can't even go to settings. My internet is provided by XFNITY. What do i do? worse in this time when ROKU is supposed to provide assistance, their numbers are off! 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: ROKU is forcing me to sign in into ATT account

So you turn on the TV, go to the Roku input, and the home screen has a login for ATT?  That doesn't make sense.  Are you sure you aren't going into an app like "Nat Geo" or "NBC" and it is asking for a provider login and the first provider in the list is ATT?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

roku.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just posted what comes up as soon as I turn on the TV. I don't have any ATT account. Very strange. What really upset me is the fact that no one from ROKU can answer my call to help. This is definitely a reason to keep working with the more established companies like Comcast, ATT, FIOS Verizon. Not good!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Seems like you have the ATT TV channel installed and it is selected.  If you press the home button does it take you to the Roku Home Menu?  If so, just uninstall the ATT TV channel.

Or, factory reset the Roku and start from scratch.

Now just a little off to the side rant...  If you want to support Verizon, ATT, and (vomit) comcast, that's your thing.  But those companies are freaking evil and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that thinks otherwise and isn't getting paid.  The issue you're having with your Roku is very much an outlier, IF it is an issue at all.  I personally think a channel is selected and you just need to go back to the home screen.  This is a user community help forum that is monitored every now and again by maybe 2 Roku employees that generally just look for product bugs and assist.  If you want Roku support, you should contact support via the website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the tip. I turned on the tv and roku and, as before the AT&T TV screen posted before came up again. i turned it off and reset the roku device. Same result! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

What happens if you press the "Home" button on the remote?  Nothing?  Also, what is the model of your Roku?

Very strange if it boots straight into the ATT TV Now application, it should stop at the home screen for you to select what channel you want to use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This exact same thing is happening to me with the amazon refurbished Roku Streaming Stick that I received today. Did anyone figure out why it’s doing this or how to fix it? Anything I try to do, it takes me right back to the AT&T TV log in. I can’t even navigate to settings to factory reboot it. It’s infuriating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Do you guys have Roku remotes that have custom buttons for the "start up channel" that your set goes to? Perhaps the buttons are stuck in the down position?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 7

The remote has start buttons for Netflix, Hulu, Sling, and NOW(?). On closer inspection I see a very small AT&T logo inside the circle of the NOW button! Good call Makai. It was fully pressed in. I really had to yank on it to get it out. It doesn’t seem to be doing it now.. thank you MakaiGuy!

0 Kudos