Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sburgin
Level 7

Prime Video on Roku Ultra- return to episode

Newbie Roku user.  Just purchased an Ultra and using with Amazon Prime Video.
No issues playing episodes or general use.
Issue i'm having is when i watch an old episode of a multi-year show - leave - and come back - the app defaults to only offering me the latest episode.  i'm used to a "resume watching" type option.  currently we have to navigate back through the old episodes to find where we left off.
Curious if i'm missing something basic or there is some option i'm not aware of.
thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
NightHawk
Level 7

Re: Prime Video on Roku Ultra- return to episode

I've seen that on amazon prime video for a long time.
Roku Ultra 4640R, Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810R
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sburgin 

The Prime Video channel should offer a 'Watch Next' row near the top of the channel's home screen when you launch the channel. This row typically shows previously watched content, and should allow you to click on the series and be shown the last watched episode or next unwatched episode, depending on where you left off. 

If you don't see this option, or it isn't working correctly, we'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime Video support to report the issue you're seeing and request additional support from their team. 

Feel free to PM me with your player details, including serial number, as well as the name of the show/season/episode that you're seeing the issue on and I'll follow up directly. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

When I watch a TV series on Prime Video, when I select the series it always brings me to the next episode from where I left off. Is yours not doing that? Yes, I have to find the series, but as mentioned it appears in the very first line of the grid which is labeled Watch Next. If it was the last video viewed on Prime, it's the first one in the list. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
NightHawk
Level 7

That works as long as you watch each episode in order.
But if you jump ahead to a later episode and then go back to earlier episode it still shows the later episode as the next one to watch, so you have to manually select an earlier episode you didn't watch yet.
Roku Ultra 4640R, Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miami_Son
Level 8

Are you just watching from the listing or did you add it to your library? When added to my library I can always see a series/episode from where I left off.
0 Kudos