Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime Video descriptions

Jump to solution

Hi- Problem accessing detailed movie description on the Prime Video channel (using Roku Streaming Stick+).  If I select a movie, it displays a page showing info about that movie, including the first three lines of a description.  I cannot seem to access the full description.  I can navigate to [Subtitles and more], [Watch Now], and [+ Watchlist], but can't figure out how to access the full description.  Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Prime Video descriptions

Jump to solution

@CurtNic 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution
I think you've found all there is in the recent update from Amazon to their Prime Video app.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I would love an answer to this as well!

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@CurtNic 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You should atleast acknowledge the problem.  Being passed off to contact amazon is like sticking toothpicks under your fingernails.  Amazon's service sucks, you'll never get an answer from them.  Its Rokus platform, they should be addressing the issue with Amazon, not your customers, Danny. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Couldn’t agree more. ‘‘Tis very annoying. The cheapest and fastest way to answer a tech question is to pass it on. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a messed up answer, that does mot offer any help and is disrespectful to the people who pay for your devices.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also have this same question on how to read the rest of the content description.  
How helpful is this in determining what its about?

“In a documentary filled with...”

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I get the feeling that Roku doesn’t care about fixing this. If it doesn’t help selling devices why waste time with it. Please, someone from Roku address this issue. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a Roku issur not Prime. I dont have this issue using Prime on computer or PlayStation. It is only an issue on Roku. Does Roku intend to address this or further the reputation for poor customer service?