Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime Video app redesign is missing "play from beginning" on episodes

The Prime Video app got updated a few days ago, and now when we browse to episodes other than the "next" one in a series, all we can do is resume. But if the episode was already watched then the playback resumes at the end of the episode.

This is really annoying for kids episodes that we want to rewatch. Please fix!

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime Video app redesign is missing "play from beginning" on episodes

I’m having the same issue and it is very inconvenient 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jsaks @Kbor91 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

This is really frustrating! It's been driving me crazy. My kids rewatch their favorite shows all the time, and every episode starts at the end since they've all been watched before. There's no way to go back to the beginning except manually rewinding the whole episode.  Combined with the fact that there's no good way to reset watch history, it makes for a very bad experience.

Also, when exiting a show, it doesn't remember your place in the seasons list. 

Is there a way to opt back to the old interface? It was much better. My little kids could choose their open episodes to watch, which they can no longer do. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem here and it sucks. I cant get to the beginning of an episode to save my life. 

Please fix! 

Highlighted
Level 7

Danny, 

Simply saying that Roku is not responsible and directing us to Amazon doesn’t help.   Amazon has made a serious error in designing the update for its Roku App.  I would hope that Roku would contact Amazon, let them know this is a system-wide problem, and encourage Amazon to fix it as soon as possible.  Prime Video is one of the most used app on your devices.  Your company should take responsiblity for helping to make sure it works. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Danny, 

Simply saying that Roku is not responsible for the app and directing us to Amazon is not good enough.  Amazon has introduced a serious bug into its most recent Roku App.  Prime Video is one of the most heavily apps on your company’s devices.   Roku should take responsibility for helping to get this fixed and push Amazon at a company level to get it fixed. 

Please elevate this to someone who can do something about it instead of cut-and-pasting a response indicating that you don’t care. 

0 Kudos