Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Playing CBS All Access programs

I have intermittent problems playing CBS All Access programs.  Some programs play okay but have a short audio dropout of a couple of seconds every now and then.   Other programs start playing but after a short period of time display a "cannot play" and stop.   Backing out and attempting to restart or resume playing the same program produces the same stoppage display result.   A lot of programs play fine with no problems.  What goes?

I believe it is the Roku app because CBS All Access plays fine on my Apple TV and Ipads.  No stoppages and no audio dropout.

I use a Roku 4 and a Roku Ultra.   Results are the same using both devices.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Playing CBS All Access programs

Its a Premium (paid for) Channel you should have it out with CBS all access.

They publish their Channel and are responsible for maintaining it.

I can advise you to lower your Display rate to 720p and

do a reset Settings/System/System restart do this without any MicroSD memory in.

You can highl;ite the Channel in Home press the star key* and give them feedback.

Good Luck!

I have access to CBS through other Channels and have no problems.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Playing CBS All Access programs

I have a Roku4 and haven't had any major issues with CBSAA. My main complaint is it defaults to plain stereo and you have to use the menu after hitting the * key to change the audio to DD or DD+. Sometimes, the DD+ will fail and I am forced to use the stereo feed. Some people have reported that closed captioning is always enabled on playback, although I haven't seen that.

0 Kudos