Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

No search on Sundance Now

Jump to solution

I have Roku TV and Sundance Now app. I can’t search for the movie I want to watch on Sundance Now currently. There is no functionality to do so. I can only scroll. And the way it’s laid out doesn’t even tell me what is a series or a movie. It’s organized by genre, documentaries and miniseries. Poorly laid out and no functionality. What a waste of money.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 8

Re: No search on Sundance Now

Jump to solution

Like I said it's not their app. It the functionality of Roku Channel. Have you ever used Roku Channel? The search function doesn't work period on Roku Channel. It's not Sundance Now. I'm not sure how else I can explain it to you, but I'm done. You have no clue what you're talking about it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 19

Jump to solution
The app is created and maintained by Sundance. Roku is no more responsible for it than your television or internet provider is. Complain to Sundance.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

I purchased it through Roku and the subscription (Sundance Now on The Roku Channel) is found under my Roku account, so yes they are very much responsible for the functionality. They support the app and the functionality. If I go to Amazon Fire TV it's a completely different app, but my subscription is not on Amazon. If I go to Amazon Fire TV and try to log into the app from there, it tells me invalid username or password. So thanks for your response, but not helpful

0 Kudos
Level 19

Jump to solution
So I guess you didn't really come here for help, you just came to complain.
Oh, yes, it was helpful. I told you who to complain to that can actually do something about it. If you don't want to be bothered, that's up to you.
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

And I replied to you, you are WRONG! It is on Roku's end! So grow up and get a life. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

And I'm sure Roku would love to know that they last a customer due to one person that has no idea what he is talking about. Or maybe reading comprehension is your problem.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

I spoke to support on chat and Roku Channel lacks this functionality overall or at least on my TV. It's not only Sundance Channel. They were very helpful and we checked for updates and restarted. And they agreed it would not have helped me to contact Sundance Channel. This is an issue with Roku Channel not Sundance Channel. They're refunding me, but it is disappointing I can't sign up for subscriptions through Roku.

0 Kudos
Level 19

Jump to solution
It might not have done any good to contact Sundance, in that they might not have done anything about it, even though they are the only ones who can add features to their own app.

Good luck with whatever other system you go to. I hope it meets your expectations.
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Like I said it's not their app. It the functionality of Roku Channel. Have you ever used Roku Channel? The search function doesn't work period on Roku Channel. It's not Sundance Now. I'm not sure how else I can explain it to you, but I'm done. You have no clue what you're talking about it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos