Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geegecko
Level 7

NatGeo restart fails with endofplayback message

Roku 4 Modell 4400X
Software Version 9.0.0 Build 4142-17

NatGeo channel restarts will fail eventually (after 20-30 minutes) with a end of playback message. There is a button titled Endof Playbackbutton; audio will continue. This occurs consistently. I have updated the software; re-validated the login, removed the channel and reinstalled to no avail. The only thing I have not done is perform a factory restore on the Roku device and I really don't want to do that because of the number of channels that would have to be reinstalled.

I have no such issues with NatGeo on a Fire stick on the same network.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
makaiguy
Level 10

Re: NatGeo restart fails with endofplayback message

Have not seen this here.  When reinstalling, have you reset the Roku between uninstalling and reinstalling NatGeo?  This step is necessary to make sure all vestiges of the channel/app are purged from memory before reinstalling.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"makaiguy" wrote:
Have not seen this here.  When reinstalling, have you reset the Roku between uninstalling and reinstalling NatGeo?  This step is necessary to make sure all vestiges of the channel/app are purged from memory before reinstalling.

Reboot, not reset. There's a difference...  Smiley Very Happy
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
geegecko
Level 7

Thanks for the reply. 

When reinstalling, have you reset the Roku between uninstalling and reinstalling NatGeo? 

Yes; event still occurs. Just removed, restarted, and reinstalled. No change.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 10

I've always found a reset did the job, but per the post above yours, try a full reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling.  Unplug the Roku for 30 seconds or so then plug back in. [typo fixed]
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note here. Which specific show (season/episode) are you trying to watch when you encounter this issue? Does this happen on all shows/episodes, or does it appear to be isolated? Have you contacted NatGeo support to report the issue and see what suggestions they may have? 

I tried testing this on my Roku 4 as well, and am unable to reproduce the issue. Keep us posted and we'll see what else we can do to assist. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
geegecko
Level 7

This still occurs. It happens across various shows and is not tied to the show content, but the ads. This happens only on restarts, not watching live content.

I emailed NatGeo support multple times but never received a reply.

This appears to occurs only on the Roku device, I can't reproduce this using a firestick
0 Kudos