Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

NASA won't show live content

When I open the NASA TV app, and choose live TV, the app waits a few seconds and returns me to the starting screen for the app. I try regular NASA TV as well as the media feed and the prerecorded Earth views, and the same thing happens. I can watch videos listed below those options.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the NASA TV app, and I get the same results. Help?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: NASA won't show live content

Yep the Roku channel is broken for me too.

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/#public 

OR

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/#media

but note Chomecasting to my TV works fine.

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Same issue. Would be nice to get an update from Roku about this soon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My ROKU app does not open live video too.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact NASA channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Why wouldn't Roku report problems to NASA TV support? Would have been nice for Danny to let us know who to contact at NASA TV.
Highlighted
Level 12

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact NASA channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Yes Danny I personally have contacted owners of NATA TV streams multiple times over many years (though some were private channels that were yanked likely for pirating) .  Last year I seriously gave up ever expecting to use Roku to watch NASA TV.

I just use Chromecast from PC and it works great.

Roku really needs to address the MAJOR networks like NASA TV (Live SpaceX launches!) and HBO that don't work at all on Roku.  Some of us Roku users especially me have actually resorted to promoting Chromecast.  I really would prefer Roku .  It's becoming harder for me to consider my next streaming upgrade to be a Roku.

And much thanks for not banning or censoring me for promoting Chromecast in these cases where Roku is not an option for chronically broken channel or just crazy 12 button click fest to enable Roku Mirroring.  You run a fair forum except the bleeping of L1thium (switch the 1 to an i and it is bleeped) .  Note I was using the term in the context of a javascript library call L1thium.

Sorry end of my rant and I know you have tough job dealing with lots of ignorant consumer customers.  Hopefully you have time to read my rant and mention it to your management.  Thanks!

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here in NY. Tried to contact them through feedback. No response. Then I tried to contact Roku. No response. What a joke! Thanx for the support Roku!😡

0 Kudos