Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldc
Level 7

Midsomer Murders Incorrect Episodic Listings

On both Roku Channel and Filmrise, some of the episode titles and descriptions are not correct in S2 and S3 of Midsomer Murders.  They need to be corrected.

5 REPLIES 5\
BeaSaved
Level 8

Re: Midsomer Murders Incorrect Episodic Listings

The episodes were listed by somebody that doesn't know how to read.

Please correct the list. We are paying for this and the same episodes with same date are listed with different names. Many say Part 2 Of what?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@BeaSaved

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the season, episode, and titles that you are seeing this issue with?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BeaSaved
Level 8

I sent you this by email:

I'm attaching some sample pictures of the Midsomer Murders Seasons and Episodes as listed in ROKU/Acorn channels on my TV.

I'm also attaching the list of Episodes in Season 2 (4 in total) as listed in Wikipedia so you can compare to what is listed in ROKU/Acorn. (7 in total. Also what is listed as Part 2 is exactly the same episode)

Please notice Episodes Titles and dates, some repeated, some listed as 2 episodes, when, in fact, it is only one, and the same in both, etc.

Please fix this! I don't have time to insert pictures here since you don provide an easy way to do it!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@BeaSaved 

I believe this may be an Acorn Channel issue as the Midsomer Murders episodes are listed and displayed correctly in the Filmrise Channel libraries (Mysteries, British, etc), as well as on Crackle, Tubi, and Plex.  Although I don't use IMDbTV, I installed it and it is missing some episodes for various seasons (S2, missing episode3; S3, missing episode1, showing two episode 3 with different titles, as well as two episode 4 with different titles.)  This is also reflected in the Amazon Prime Video Midsomer Murders episode listings as incorrect as they use the IMDb database also.

Have generally found that IMDb online website itself is often inaccurate (expect their Channel to be no different), and sounds like Acorn, similar to Amazon Prime Video, may be using the IMDb database for its episode listings.  May have better luck contacting Acorn directly regarding these errors as the developers of this channel. https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home   There is a "Contact Support" button at bottom of page.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
BeaSaved
Level 8

Thanks 

0 Kudos