Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevina001
Level 7

Locast

Locast has expanded the markets where it's available, and I got it working on my PC.  I put the Locast channel on my Rokus, but it doesn't work.  When I select my city and the guide comes up, I get an error message when selecting a station, indicating that I still need to select my city, even though I've already done it.  Anyone have the Locast channel working on their Roku?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Locast

"kevina001" wrote:
Locast has expanded the markets where it's available, and I got it working on my PC.  I put the Locast channel on my Rokus, but it doesn't work.  When I select my city and the guide comes up, I get an error message when selecting a station, indicating that I still need to select my city, even though I've already done it.  Anyone have the Locast channel working on their Roku?

As it's not available in my area, I can't speak to several aspects of the app. However, a standard troubleshooting procedure for issues such as you're reporting would be:

1. Delete the app

2. Reboot the Roku

3. Reinstall the app

Those steps must be done in that order to ensure any corrupt data is removed.

Not saying that'll fix it, but it is a best practices first step when troubleshooting odd app behavior.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
kevina001
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"kevina001" wrote:

As it's not available in my area, I can't speak to several aspects of the app. However, a standard troubleshooting procedure for issues such as you're reporting would be:

1. Delete the app

2. Reboot the Roku

3. Reinstall the app

Those steps must be done in that order to ensure any corrupt data is removed.

Not saying that'll fix it, but it is a best practices first step when troubleshooting odd app behavior.

Tried that, and still having the same results.  Guess it just doesn't work on Roku right now.  Sucks.
0 Kudos
gildrush
Level 7

I have the same problem. Won't work on Roku Stick+. Does the same thing. prompts to select a city. I tried the steps from DBDukes with no success. It does work on my IOS devices. For me its critical to cable cutting. OTA reception is out of range. Hopefully someone has a fix. Actually a big reason I went with Roku.  Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
fonzy35
Level 8

Works on Roku Ultra.
When loading, Locast search for you ip address then it give you the tv guide for that city(ip address from your internet provider)
Choose a channel (ex. abc), it will play for 15 minutes then an ad asking you for $5 donation per month from locast, then it will bring you back to the tv guide
0 Kudos
fonzy35
Level 8

Well did a donation of $5.00 .
Nice to have local channel Smiley Happy
0 Kudos