Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicdip
Level 7

Locast on Roku won't verify (Boston)

I have been working to get Roku streaming sticks to work with Locast in my local area (Boston).  It will not allow me to watch locals so I emailed Locast and they tell me to submit my ip address and they might be able to help.  Problem is my Comcast IP address changes everytime I check it.   Comcast will not do a static IP address for residential.

Has anyone else run into this issue?  Or does anyone have a suggestion?   BTW I did setup donation and it works from my cell phone  for my locals no problem.  
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Williamt100
Level 8

Re: Locast on Roku won't verify (Boston)

I have the same problem in the Baltimore area.  It seems that the IP address(es) provided by my Internet Provider is confusing the situation.
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
vicdip
Level 7

Re: Locast on Roku won't verify (Boston)

Yeah its been a long process emailing back and forth with Locast.  I use it no problem at my own home which is only 2 miles away from my inlaws and we are both on Comcast.
0 Kudos