Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barblich
Level 7

Linked Comcast Peacock Premium account only showing up as free on Roku

I am a Comcast subscriber so I was able to link my Peacock account to my Comcast account so that I get Peacock Premium for free. However, when I sign in to my Peacock account on my Roku, it says I only have the free account and it wants me to pay for premium. I tried deleting the Peacock channel on my Roku and then reinstalling it. I made sure I used the linked account. No change. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Linked Comcast Peacock Premium account only showing up as free on Roku

I suspect the free subscription you got through Comcast only works on Comcast. 

Typically, any premium subscription you obtain through a third party like a cable/satellite company, Roku or other streaming device, Amazon Prime, Sling, Hulu, etc. is only good for viewing via that third party service.

If you want to be able to view on multiple services, you typically need to subscribe directly with that channel via their website, then install their app on the devices you wish to use.  You then log in with the login credentials you have established directly with the channel.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos