Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HIPOCKETS
Level 7

LINKING YOUTUBE.TV ACCOUNTS

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE ALL CAPS, BUT I AM VISUALLY IMPAIRED.

I HAVE A ROKU ULTRA DEVICE AND A SUBSCRIPTION TO YOUTUBE.TV ON A ROKU TV.   LOVE BOTH!

I JUST BOUGHT AND INSTALLED A ROKU EXPRESS PLUS FOR AN OLDER MODEL CRT TV.  INSTALLATION AND START-UP WENT FINE, AND THE YOUTUBE.TV CHANNEL LOADED, ALONG WITH THE OTHER CHANNELS ON THE ULTRA.

WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS YOUTUBE.TV ON THE ROKU EXPESS,  I'M TOLD TO GO TO TV.YOUTUBE.COM/START AND ENTER A CODE.

I WENT TO THE SITE ON MY DESKTOP, FOLLOWED THE LINKS AND DIRECTIONS, AND FOUND THAT I WAS SETTING UP A NEW ACCOUNT.

I WENT BACK TO TV.YOUTUBE.COM/START SEVERAL TIMES AND STARTED OVER. (NOT BY USING THE BACK BUTTON BUT BY LOADING A NEW PAGE.) THESE TIMES I GOT ESSENTIALLY A BLANK PAGE.  IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER, THERE IS AN ICON WHICH LEADS ME TO LINKS TO MANAGE MY ACCOUNT.  CLICKING ON IT, I GOT LINKS THAT WERE NOT HELPFUL.

IN FIREFOX, I FOUND AN "ACCOUNTS.YOUTUBE" COOKIE. DELETING IT DID NOT HELP.   THE OTHER YOUTUBE COOKIES WERE NOT CURRENT ENOUGH TO AFFECT THE PROBLEM, JUDGING BY THE "LAST USED" DATE.

I REPEATED ALL OF THE ABOVE STEPS IN FIREFOX, EDGE, AND CHROME, BUT IT DID NOT HELP.

I SEARCHED THE FIRST 10 PAGES OF THIS FORUM FOR YOUTUBE.TV.   I FOUND THAT IT IS  (MAYBE WAS?)  POSSIBLE TO LINK YOUTUBE.TV ACCOUNTS BETWEEN TVs.

IF LINKING ACCOUNTS IS POSSIBLE, WHAT DID I DO WRONG? HOW CAN I LINK THE TWO SETS?

ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

0 Kudos