Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Level 11

Re: Kanopy channel not streaming

Jump to solution

@Cocofood wrote:
Also did the remove/add channel and system restart, same problem

Correct order is:

Remove

Restart

Add

The restart after removal assures that all vestiges of the channel are removed and lets you reinstall from scratch.

Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
plasticman
Level 8

Jump to solution

Having the same issue on my new Stick+, selected item says loading or retrieving, never completes and bounces back to the play screen. Have removed rebooted, reinstalled several times with no change. Strangely the Kanopy channel plays fine on two older sticks that I have (3500 and 3600). All have up to date software on them.

This all began about 10 days ago. What makes this even stranger is that I have found by chance a few rare vids that will play on the stick+.  I have seen only one brief error message. E-401 or something like that. Indicated could not find requested file, when using the stick+.

Again have had no problem finding and playing any file on older Roku sticks.

Hope this makes sense...

0 Kudos
plasticman
Level 8

Jump to solution

Should have added I have plenty of bandwidth at all units and no connection or download issues.

0 Kudos
plasticman
Level 8

Jump to solution

A few hours since my last post and all is working well.

Stick+ is connecting and playing without problems. Who knows.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@plasticman That's great to hear. Kanopy submitted an updated version of their channel today—looks like that's taken care of the issue. 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Cocofood
Level 7

Jump to solution
From Kanopy
Kanopy (Kanopy)
Nov 8, 16:10 PST

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your patience with the ongoing issues with the Kanopy Roku channel. Version 3.6 of the channel was released yesterday evening which should fix the issues on most devices. Channel updates usually automatically occur at midnight, but in the case yours did not update, please manually update it. You can learn how to do this here.

If you are still experiencing any issues, please reply with the Roku model you are using, as well as the software version it is running.

View solution in original post

CigarSurgeon
Level 8

Jump to solution
Can confirm that the issue is resolved on my streaming stick+
0 Kudos
billbo
Level 7

Kanopy keeps crashing

Jump to solution

I've been having problems with the Kanopy channel for a while now.  It loads but will crash back to Roku home screen as I move around the Kanopy user interface.   It happens consistently when I scroll in the "My Watchlist" section of the UI.  If I manage to get into the menu for a series of videos (say 12 or 24), it will only let me see the first 8 or so,  it doesn't crash but just ignores my attempts to scroll down and see the rest of the videos.   I don't recall there be any problems with actually playing a video.   If I happen to remember the exact name of a video and do a search, I can play it.  However, I can't navigate through my Watchlist or scroll down the list of videos in a series.  I have two Roku Premiere+ units and they both have the same problem.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Tigger21st
Level 1

Jump to solution

Hi

I hope you can help me.

Has 3.6 been released in Australia?

Only loaded 3.4 and it is not working

Thanks

PS I have deleted and added. Nothing. I cannot get version 3.6