Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Is IMDB channel available on ROKU?

Jump to solution

Is IMDB channel available on ROKU?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Is IMDB channel available on ROKU?

Jump to solution

@trek97 

FYI.

I noticed in the last few days that IMDB TV has been added as a Channel on the YOUR CHANNELS row on Prime Video home screen. Makes it easier to land on the IMDB TV page that shows categories of all free ad-supported content. Makes the access and discovery process for newly added content much easier.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@trek97 

If you are searching for the IMDB Free Movies and TV content it is available through the PRIME VIDEO app on Roku. I have not seen a standalone app available. If you scroll far enough down on the PRIME VIDEO home screen you will eventually see a row for IMDB TV: Free Movies and TV. Or, you can SEARCh for IMDB and you will get an oddball jumbled list of Movies and TV Series available. I wish they would just treat it like other PRIME CHANNELS and allow us to add it to our subscribed channels row for easy access and to provide a comprehensive list of currently available free Movies and TV Series in one location. But, PRIME VIDEO app has rarely made anything easy to find inside the Roku app, including their own 4K UHD Original programming.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

IMDB is owned by Amazon, so you won't find a stand alone channel like there are fire tv, on a roku.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee 

True. Makes it even more puzzling why Amazon hasn't made it more prominent by allowing us to add it as a Prime Channel on the home screen of Prime Video on our Roku devices. I would use it more often and drive more ad revenue to them if I could add it as a channel on the home screen. I either forget if I was watching something on IMDB TV if it is not in the first row of WATCH NEXT and it is near impossible to get a comprehensive list of what may have been recently added that I might be interested in with the current Roku navigation on PRIME VIDEO. It is easier using a web browser, but I rarely use that or remember to periodically use it to discover what may have been recently added.

Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@trek97 

FYI.

I noticed in the last few days that IMDB TV has been added as a Channel on the YOUR CHANNELS row on Prime Video home screen. Makes it easier to land on the IMDB TV page that shows categories of all free ad-supported content. Makes the access and discovery process for newly added content much easier.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Wow Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It's horrible every time I want to watch IMDB TV I need to go sort thru Prime Video and then you can't even add favorite channels on Prime Video (or at least I couldn't figure it out) every time you need to go into Prime then sort down to IMDBTV 20 rows down and sort through that. Then it doesn't have any way to search by genre or anything else. Just click right until you find something. Almost as bad as Crackle on Roku and not being able to see all the movies they have. Only by going in through another player and adding them to watch later list will they show up. I like Roku, but I'm still switching through devices to get the most options. PlayStation good for this, Roku good for that, Computer good for this other thing and so on. I remember a time where we had to decide VHS or BETAMAX lol, oh I miss those days with only 2 options.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

When I go to the IMDB Channel on ROKU, I still am not able to watch any of the shows for free. I have to pay to watch any of the shows. We are Amazon Prime members... Why can't we watch these shows for free through our ROKU?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good God, they have the IMDB channel buried all the way down the Prime Video screen.  Is it top secret, it would be nice if they made it easily available to us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I know that is there, but we have to pay to watch anything on it if we are using our Roku. If I use my phone, it's free. I just don't understand why they charge you to watch FREE TV. Super frustrating!

0 Kudos