Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GusGo
Level 7

I cant add Disney Plus.

I have Disney Plus, but I cant add that particular channel  en Roku. It is not in the list. And in the web the "add bottom" is not active. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I cant add Disney Plus.

It sounds like you're located somewhere that Disney has not authorized Roku devices. Note that there are locations that a service (such as D+) that might be available in a certain location but the service provider hasn't enabled Roku devices. 

Also, you didn't state what model Roku you have. Disney+ won't install on most players more than 5 years old. Here's a link to Disney's support page that lists supported and unsupported devices. However, not that it's not 100% accurate, as Roku reuses names on players that have different hardware and might not be supported. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GusGo
Level 7

I have the Roku Express. The device is new. And I am in Venezuela. What is the solution then? 

0 Kudos
GusGo
Level 7

Also. I wrote to Disney Plus. And they cant find the problem. It looks like everything is ok with the location. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@GusGo wrote:

I have the Roku Express. The device is new. And I am in Venezuela. What is the solution then? 

My guess is Disney hasn't authorized Roku devices for their service in your country. Roku has no control over that. Only Disney can change the countries that Roku devices are authorized. Odds are the customer service person you spoke with doesn't understand that. It's not something that many CS people understand. All they have is a list of countries their service is available in, but not the devices that are authorized. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NTC
Level 10

@GusGo wrote:

Also. I wrote to Disney Plus. And they cant find the problem. It looks like everything is ok with the location. 

Las posibles soluciones se discuten aquí

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Disney-Issue-LA-Region/td-p/624382/page/4

Contacto Roku apoyo a través de correo electrónico.

Also see this post:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Desbloqueo-de-Disney-plus-para-R...

0 Kudos