Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackie4ward
Level 7

I cannot add Disney+ channel on Roku 2

Roku 2

Used roku.com to add channel but still hasn't added to the device.

I live near Memphis,TN and on an Xfinity wifi. I have already tried the system restart and update.
I already subscribed to Disney + and cannot get the icon on my device.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 17

Re: I cannot add channel on Roku 2

@Jackie4ward wrote:
Roku 2

Used roku.com to add channel but still hasn't added to the device.

I live near Memphis,TN and on an Xfinity wifi. I have already tried the system restart and update.
I already subscribed to Disney + and cannot get the icon on my device.

There's more than one model Roku that is labeled with a 2. And most of them are not supported by Disney for their new app. Exactly which model do you have? Again, not the name, the model number. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jackie4ward
Level 7

There is an XS after Roku 2
0 Kudos
Jackie4ward
Level 7

3100x
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

@Jackie4ward wrote:
There is an XS after Roku 2

Right, that is the model 3100. I have two myself. They are ancient and no longer supported by Roku. You can't get OS 9.2 for it, and Disney requires 9.2. Disney also lists the 3100 as an unsupported player. Time for an upgrade I'm afraid. My 3100 has been in a drawer for about two years because it's so old and slow. Couldn't stand using it any longer. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Jackie4ward
Level 7

Ugh .... thank you ... didn't realize that it was sooooo ancient ... ha
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

@Jackie4ward wrote:
Ugh .... thank you ... didn't realize that it was sooooo ancient ... ha

Yeah, the 3100 was released in mid-2012, so it's old... Smiley Very Happy

Dan
0 Kudos