Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvrt32
Level 7

I Can't Exit Amazon Prime app

Recently, the Amazon Prime app updated and as usual things got worse.  I hate the new look and layout of Amazon, but the real issue is I cannot EXIT out of it. I have to press the Netflix button in order to exit. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and that did not work. I unplugged and replugged everything and that did not work. I checked internet connections and everything was fine there. I am up to speed on all system updates. I believe this is an issue on Amazon's end since it coincided with the app's latest update and because I have no other problems on any other app. Please help. I don't know what to do and I hate that I just have to sit tight for Amazon to fix this glitch. Oh, and one mere thing - BIG SHOCKER! -Amazon is pointing the finger at Roku and the blame game goes on.

22 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: I Can't Exit Amazon Prime app

If you could back out you would go to the home screen right? Can't you just press the home button, the one with the house on it?

Edmund
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

I just tried the Prime channel to check something else out, and the Home button still works for me to exit the channel. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Member-206
Level 7

Re: I Can't Exit Amazon Prime app Nor are Profiles Working

I am having the same issue.  I cannot exit Prime Video, but I can cancel it.  I have to push the "home" button to exit the application.  In addition, Prime Video updated on all my other TVs in the household to show the new profiles (similar to the Netflix profiles), but not on my Roku TV (it's a TCL).  I have contacted Amazon and TCL, and both refer me to Roku.  I have deleted the app, reinstalled, restarted, updated, all to no avail.  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: I Can't Exit Amazon Prime app Nor are Profiles Working

@Member-206 wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I cannot exit Prime Video, but I can cancel it.  I have to push the "home" button to exit the application.  In addition, Prime Video updated on all my other TVs in the household to show the new profiles (similar to the Netflix profiles), but not on my Roku TV (it's a TCL).  I have contacted Amazon and TCL, and both refer me to Roku.  I have deleted the app, reinstalled, restarted, updated, all to no avail.  

OK, this isn't out of the ordinary. There have been other channels the do not exit with the back button. Pluto TV is one I can think of off the top of my head. 

Bottom line is, this isn't a bug or problem. Amazon released a new version of their channel and the only way to exit it is to use the Home button. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
LizV
Level 7

I'm in the same boat. 
I can't exit out of Amazon Prime
I try to exit and I'll see EXIT and then below CANCEL
I press EXIT and Nothing! 

The only way I can get out is to turn off the power! What the **bleep**?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, logging out and in. 

Even my Home Theater guy has no idea what to do! 

This sucks!

0 Kudos
Mlw2
Level 7

Any answers on this?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@LizV wrote:

I'm in the same boat. 
I can't exit out of Amazon Prime
I try to exit and I'll see EXIT and then below CANCEL
I press EXIT and Nothing! 

The only way I can get out is to turn off the power! What the **bleep**?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, logging out and in. 

Even my Home Theater guy has no idea what to do! 

This sucks!

I'm not understanding this. If I press the Home button on my remote, I'm always taken back to the Roku home screen. From Amazon Prime, Pluto TV, or any other channel. 

Dan
0 Kudos
nashville_bill
Level 7

I have the same problem, but I can exit Amazon Prime using the Home button. I'm sure no one will take responsibility for this, but it will magically be fixed with another update.

Roku Streaming Stick+

Bill

0 Kudos
RK4210
Level 7

Same. Can't exit from within app; only way to exit without a restart is using the Home button on the Roku remote itself.

It is literally the most simple, basic, fundamental function in the entire app, and it doesn't work. How in the world did a company so maniacally obsessed with customer experience and expectations fail to catch a flaw so conspicuous that shows up like a nuclear event on a clear night? And then let it get installed on literally millions of devices?

Let's do the Amazon thing and write the press release so we can work our way backward to what needs to be done to make that happen....."Today, millions of Roku users who give us their hard earned money during a pandemic to be Prime Members will now be rendered incredulous by our market-leading software development team's failure to successfully implement a core program function that has been around since mainframes and punch cards..."

0 Kudos