Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu & Netflix Question

I have Hulu and Netflix on my TIVO. I have tried to watch Hulu and Netflix on the Ruku. I have signed to both and neither will come up. What am I doing wrong? I should be able to watch Hulu and Netflix on my Ruku so I already have accounts with both of them. 

I appreciate any assistance you can give me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Hulu & Netflix Question

Need additional information. What model Roku device? Did you sign up for Netflix and Hulu directly with the companies, or through TIVO? If you did not sign up directly with the provider, you may only have access through the TIVO. I can't say for certain, as I have no personal knowledge of TIVO devices and how their apps work. But it's a possibility. 

As an example, if you sign up for CBS All Access through Amazon, you can't use the stand-alone CBS channel/app on devices. You can only access it through the Prime Video channel/app.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the Roku Express. It's been so long I don't remember for sure. I really do think I signed up for Hulu and Netflix both on their website. 

Let me know if there is anything else you need or if you have a number for Roku so I can contact them directly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Doglvr wrote:

I have the Roku Express. It's been so long I don't remember for sure. I really do think I signed up for Hulu and Netflix both on their website. 

Let me know if there is anything else you need or if you have a number for Roku so I can contact them directly.

Thanks

No, Roku doesn't offer phone support. At least nothing right now due to COVID. I would guess that the way to tell would be if you can log into the Netflix/Vudu web site with your expected user name and password. The user name is most likely your email address (don't post that here or any other public forum!). If you can log into their websites you should be able to use the same credentials on a Roku. If your password has any special characters, I'm not certain that the Roku will support entering them. But that's under the control of the channels themselves, not Roku. 

And if you have working credentials and they aren't working on your Roku, that honestly isn't a Roku issue. Netflix and Vudu are responsible for their channels on Roku devices, and they are the ones that would have to help you out. Roku provides almost none of the channels available on their devices. They themselves only offer and support The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos