Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to search channels on Spectrum app quickly?

I just bought a Roku streaming stick+ and installed Spectrum ap which I want to use on one tv while my other tv has an HD box from Spectrum . On the tv with Roku, how do I Switch channels without going back to the 'Guide' every time and scrolling down or up channels one by one? The Roku remote does not have keys to punch in channels numbers Like the Spectrum remote. Going through the channel guide every time and scrolling this way is a very slow process. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: How to search channels on Spectrum app quickly?

I'd actually be interested to know this as well.  It seems Spectrum recently updated their channel guide.  We typically watch HD channels 1004 and above.  Now when we turn the tv off, and then back on, the channels revert to basic channel 4 so we have to arrow up or down to get back to our desired channels.  Spectrum said this was a Roku issue.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I wish they would fix this issue. It's very irritating. I came out here to see if there was a solution. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku customer support responded to me apologizing that this feature is currently not available for Spectrum app but they will escalate the issue to software developers. Obviously this is not a trivial task. Roku will have to work with Spectrum to develop the app and also redesign the remote control. So I do not expect any solution in the near term.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

i also have this issue.  there is no way of "surfing" the Spectrum stations.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Neisen 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I too wish this feature was available. One thing that is somewhat of a workaround for this, (if this conversation is still relevant) is to create a favorites list. That way you do not have to always go back to the main channel view for all the cluttered channels and nothing should revert back after you return. I have used this after researching and it does help to minimize the effort for channel searching. I hope this helps somewhat and if it no longer applies to the conversation or I'm of topic...my apologies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

how do I create a favorites list.  there is no tab or highlighted area

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Neisen,

I sent a reply back thru email. Let me know if you do not receive it. I included screenshots of the process.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It doesn't appear to have made it back to the post, so I'll add it. By selecting the top arrow go to Guide then using the main toggle arrow over twice. This will display all channels, favorites..etc. I just selected all channels so it would pull everything up for me. Then arrow back over to channel list on the channel # and you should see add to favorites. That's all it takes but again channel up and down selector would be better. This only helps to save time from sorting thru all the other unwanted channels you don't want. I am attaching photos so hopefully they'll translate over properly. Once they're set you can arrow over again and select favorites and they should show in the list. Also remember when you go to view live TV the same applies to arrow over and select favorites for them to display when you want to surf channels. Hope this helps.GuideGuide

Channel listChannel list

Add to favoritesAdd to favorites

Favorites listFavorites list

0 Kudos