Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to change channels, have Spectrum

I just got a ROKU Express followed all the instructions, I have SPECTRUM and don't have any clue as to how to change channels .. no remotes work, there doesn't seem to be the ability to help me anywhere.  Spectrum can't help me, ROKU has nothing .. someone please help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to change channels, have Spectrum

@klgmom 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you having an issue within the Spectrum channel or are you trying to control a cable box?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: How to change channels, have Spectrum

You install your Roku Express on the TV.   You choose the Roku's HDMI port as the input or Source to watch.  Set up the Roku.   Search Roku channels or the Roku channel store and add the Spectrum app.   Then when you start up the Spectrum app, you must provide your Spectrum ID and password.   Once you have the app open, you use the Roku Express remote arrow keys to navigate around and select what you want to watch.  There's no way on any streaming device remote to type in an actual channel number .  You scroll, pick, and click.  You can create Favorites channels in the Spectrum app and also use those to get you in the vicinity of the actual channel you want to watch, as opposed to having to scroll all the way to the top or bottom of the list.   It's not hard to use.  Spectrum just isn't a lot of help re. the Roku.

Try this link for how to use the keys on Roku remote.   https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/explore-new-spectrum-tv-app-roku

I see that Spectrum claims you'll need to wait 24-72 hours to use the Roku app if you've just created a new Spectrum user name / ID.   https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/spectrum-tv-app-roku

0 Kudos