Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

How do I activate my Philo 2 months Trial?

I recently bought a new Roku, activated it and I am looking to start the 2 months free trial for Philo.

https://www.roku.com/offers/philo

I cannot find any instructions on how to activate this.

Opening the Philo app only gives me an option to start a 7-day trial.

Has anyone managed to activate the 2-months trial successfully?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How do I activate my Philo 2 months Trial?

I am new to Roku. Activated a premiere unit on 05/16/20 and the express that I ordered and received and set up yesterday 06/01/20. Received the email for a two month free offer for Philo today. Activated it but it only activated the 7 days.  So, If I understand the Roku web site there is NO ONE from Roku available to resolve issues? Only chat help from other users? I am old school and still believe that companies need to be responsible for resolving issues for customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@kryonMag @Trackdoc 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Philo 2 month trial

I have the same issue and sent an email through the "Contact Us" at the Roku.com website. There is no other way to contact Roku about this through that portal. Got an email response back a day later that said they would look into it and let me know. I bought my new Roku device on 6/6/2020 and activated it on a new Roku account that evening. It would only allow me to set up a 7-day free trial on Philo which expires today so I canceled the automatic renewal. 

How hard can it be to check that? Roku needs to correct their system and give everyone that activated a new device 2-months of Philo as promised.

I want to know how to get my 2-months free Philo streaming service immediately.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@Chris11 @Trackdoc 

I didn’t have much luck through the “Contact us” form, so I tried signing up with the 7-day trial and it does actually set the renewal date in 2 months time.

Highlighted
Level 7

The day after my post Philo notified me of the two free months and Roku contacted me. I just needed some patience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I set up a 7-day free trial of Philo on my brand new Roku device since there was no option for a 2-month free trial and my renewal date was 7 days until I would be charged $20. I tried to contact Roku during this time and still have not heard back from them. I had to cancel the 7-day free trial on the last day before I was charged the $20 per month fee. 

I then contacted Philo.com directly and selected the "Chat" option and was immediately connected with a live person who was able to look at my account activity and verify that I had indeed activated a new Roku device on a new Roku account and qualified for the free trial. They set up a billing account directly with Philo and I now have the free trial of Philo. The "chat" option was very easy, user friendly and they were very patient in setting up the free trial which took several minutes. They also have an email and phone option but I did not need to use those. Thank you Philo. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Like @kryonMag I also went ahead and clicked on the 7-day trial and they want you to put in an email for them to send an activation link if you choose to sign up with RokuPay like I did. I'm assuming that's to make sure your account email hasn't already been used for a free trial. They sent the link and my trial end date is 2 months from now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here after purchasing a new Streaming Stick+ a few days ago. Unable to add and activate Philo using either the Roku's own "add channel" feature, or from the free trials section under Account Management on the Roku website (after logging into my account).

Unlike @Cooki I did not get an activation e-mail despite several attempts. It didn't arrive in my Spam folder either. I could get e-mails to that account from elsewhere, so it's not a mail server issue.

I suspect that not having a full complement of staff at both Roku and Philo is probably making this even tougher than usual to resolve.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had the offer but it seems this is just a set up to let people sign up on philo but the 2 months trial isnt real its all fake.

0 Kudos