Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hallmark Channel

Jump to solution

Hi All,

New to the Roku and supposedly you can get the Hallmark Channel for free on Roku.  However anytime I try to add the Hallmark Channel Everywhere, it says you have to be connected yo a cable service provider.  The whole point of Roku is to  ditch cable.   Thoughts?  I have wrote Roku yesterday but nothing back yet.

Respectfully,

Bill

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hallmark Channel

Jump to solution

@robinbill 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Hallmark Channel is free to download and install on your device. You are also able to watch select content free of charge. However, full functionality of that channel requires a TV provider authentication.

For more information about the Hallmark Channel, you can visit their Support page here: https://www.hallmarkchanneleverywhere.com//faq.html

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@DRypsi 

Thanks for the post.

For full functionality of that channel requires a TV provider authentication. If you do not have a TV  provider subscription, you will be unable to view the content on that channel. 

For more information about the Hallmark Channel, you can visit their Support page here: https://www.hallmarkchanneleverywhere.com//faq.html

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

@robinbill wrote:

Hi All,

New to the Roku and supposedly you can get the Hallmark Channel for free on Roku.

Where did you get this info?  Few, if any, cable-type channels are available for streaming without a paid cable/satellite/whatever subscription where part of your subscription price goes back to that channel.

Some cable-type channels do have extremely limited versions available for streaming without a paid subscription, but may only provide limited episodes, or even just excerpts.

There are other streamable channels you can subscribe to and pay for directly.

And there are some other services (Youtube TV, hulu, etc.) that you can subscribe to for streaming access to otherwise cable-only content.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@robinbill 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Hallmark Channel is free to download and install on your device. You are also able to watch select content free of charge. However, full functionality of that channel requires a TV provider authentication.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've been with Roku for years.  I added the Hallmark channel and am paying under my Roku account.  When I go there and attempt to log in, a msg is displayed with a code to enter at tv.hallmarkchanneleverywhere.com.  Roku is not listed in the dropdown, nor is Sling.  So what now?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@DRypsi 

Thanks for the post.

For full functionality of that channel requires a TV provider authentication. If you do not have a TV  provider subscription, you will be unable to view the content on that channel. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos