Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO on Roku channel

Jump to solution

I have a subscription for HBO, through Roku channel. Can I not use my paid HBO subscription to watch on other devices or TV's without Roku??? I have tried with HBO apps and it says I do not have account. I am confused, why would I pay for it, if can only watch on my Roku?? Is there a difference?? Please help!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO on Roku channel

Jump to solution

@SLandry4380 

A subscription to HBO through the Roku Channel will allow you to access HBO when using a Roku device. You will not have access to HBO through other devices without a Roku. If you would like access to HBO through multiple devices, we would recommend signing up for a subscription through the HBO channel provider directly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@SLandry4380 

A subscription to HBO through the Roku Channel will allow you to access HBO when using a Roku device. You will not have access to HBO through other devices without a Roku. If you would like access to HBO through multiple devices, we would recommend signing up for a subscription through the HBO channel provider directly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just signed up today for "HBO on the Roku Channel" using a Vizio with a premiere device. I cannot find the "HBO on the Roku Channel" tile on my Sharp Roku tv which is streaming from the same modem/router. Also can't find the tiles on 2 other Samsung smart tv's. need click by click instructrions for adding HBO on the Roku channel for all 3.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ri1246 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried:

1) scrolling down through the Roku Channel until you find the Brows Premium Subscriptions sections which should have HBO.

or

2) tried using Search inside the Roku Channel and searching HBO to see if you are able to find it there?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos