Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

HBO max authentication with Verizon Fios

I have hbo on Verizon Fios  There is no way to use my Verizon credentials to activate hbo max on my roku ultra. My only option is to pay through roku. How do I get hbo max using my Verizon credentials?

4 Replies
Level 8

Re: HBO max authentication with Verizon Fios

I have the same problem.

Level 19

Your subscription is with Fios, not with HBO MAX, so that's why HBO doesn't recognize your Fios credentials elsewhere.

When you purchase a subscription to a premium channel through a third party service you generally can only watch that channel on that service.

If you want to view a subscription service like HBO MAX on multiple systems you generally need to subscribe directly with the channel on its website, not through a third party.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Level 8

I can’t find a way to watch it thru the Fios dvr, either.  I guess I’ll call them.  

Level 7

HBO says that HBO Max is available to people who subscribe to HBO through Verizon Fios. So you should be able to watch it with the Roku, just like you were previously with HBO Go and HBO now.

I was able to do those things previously. I’m also able to log into HBO Max on a computer. I believe the design is that I SHOULD be allowed to access HBO Max through the Roku. I believe that is the intent of HBO.

I need someone to address this.