Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hdhead
Level 8

Re: HBO MAX question

Jump to solution

Have 7 Roku devices. Recently changed from Directv where I was a 24 year sub and subscribed to HBO the the whole way. So HBO Max really excited me. So read all the relevant material about the May 27 launch and thought this is great and immediately subscribed. No where did it ever mention not available on Roku. Now find out I was mislead by HBO after being the most loyal customer they have ever had. Despicable!

lonewriter
Level 9

Re: HBO Max?

Jump to solution

I'm giving them a week but this may be the reason I was needing to buy that Xbox I've been wanting.

0 Kudos
Mama2
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yep. I ordered the pre launch hbo max deal for 11.99. But I'm out of luck, I guess. I have two roku TVs and two amazon fire tablets. Lol. I didn't know there was a problem until after I made the purchase. So I don't get hbo max on any of my devices. I have Amazon prime, Netflix, and Starz already. I'm not purchasing hulu or YouTube TV to watch HBO max. I didn't have HBO  at all, but I thought the new max version would be worth the money. Very sad. I was ready for a Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings marathon. I guess I will rewatch Game of Thrones and hope it gets fixed REAL QUICK!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Psilobite
Level 12

Jump to solution

It is currently possible to add HBO Max to Amazon Fire devices.

Instructions are here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLeYpB10oxo

(This doesn't work on Roku because Roku is its own operating system, which is not Android.)

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Level 12

Jump to solution

With the removal of the Reuters channel, the rolling out of a Roku Media Player replacement that was fundamentally broken and worse than the original, and now these issues with HBO Max, I have lost confidence with Roku.

I am planning on migrating to Amazon Fire, since those devices allow installation of Android apps not on the Amazon Store, making it possible to load my player of choice, as well as HBO Max. (This doesn't work on Roku because Roku is its own operating system, which is not Android.)

0 Kudos
y2jman
Level 9

Jump to solution

so apparently it seems I don't used hbo now on roku but hbo go using direct tv credentials

when hbo max be available on roku can I watch hbo max hbo go app or is it only on hbo now?

0 Kudos
girard76
Level 7

Re: HBO Max?

Jump to solution

Roku, this is ridiculous! I am a brand new customer for you. I actually bought your product so that I could have all my streaming services in one place. I guess that I can return your product and buy a chrome cast. You not signing a deal with AT&T BECAUSE YOU WANT IT INTEGRATED INTO ROKU CHANNEL IS RIDICULOUS! Considering I will pay a lot more over the course of a year fir my subscription to HBO Max than I did for your product, HBO wins in my book. It's a shame, I truly like your product. 

CaptGrumpy
Level 11

Jump to solution

@UltraSpidif wrote:

Y'all need to purchase some 'PATIENCE' on your next trip to the 'SUPER STORE'!!!! Might be a 'hard find' at most but if you don't see it/find it consider an 'ASK'!!!

While it might have been great to have had an 'opening day' access I doubt there's been 'lives lost' or circumstances we can't get through it!

I purchased the 12 MO reduced rate and I've still access to HBO NOW so I'd think I'm OK. My provider Comcast wasn't there opening day either! They are now but with NO APP yet. 

Just 'GET OVER IT' - Rush to replace your streaming appliance. Pretty **bleep** childish I'd think!! Get outside and get some 'SUNSHINE/VITAMIN D'

Except inin posing for something inin notnot getting. I signed pre launch for a discount. Nowhere did it say that Roku wasn't included, so I'm out a month cuz I can't get a refund 

0 Kudos
DisastifiedAL
Level 10

Jump to solution

maybe we should get it at the member only roku store so newbies don't come in here being arrogant and dictating to everyone what they "should" do. I'll do What I please unless you gonna pay my bills. GTFOH

0 Kudos