Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xaa
Level 7

Re: HBO Max keeps freezing - can't watch anything

Jump to solution

I'm having the issue too, but be fair STSinNYC.  They have been working to get a deal with HBO to have it and want it out there so any residual issues get worked out before WW1984 on Christmas.  Do I wish it were perfect?  I certainly do, but given the circumstances with the theatrical release, I prefer the methodology they chose.

I'm sure this thread and others are getting their attention.

0 Kudos
Timoteo
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just canceled the **bleep** subscription. No sense keeping it if it won’t even open. I tried removing it and adding it. No avail 

Hav3k
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've been able to watch some stuff but I've been trying to watch en episode of a show cant get 30 seconds in before I'm taken back to the home screen.

0 Kudos
Dan314
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. HBO Max partially loads, then returns to Roku home screen. I have tried all the recommendations. I deleted and added the app multiple times. I restarted the Roku system multiple times. I updated the Roku system. I accessed HBO Max on my computer and logged out of all devices. I even logged out of Xfinity and rebooted my wifi. Nothing works. HBO always loads partially and then crashes back to Roku home. 

I have a Roku stick 3500X. Software is 9.4.0. Stuck is plugged into TV. Cord is plugged into power strip. 

Kbarnett2010
Level 7

Roku Stick and HBO Max - Starts then Reverts back to the home screen ?? Any Ideas

Jump to solution

HBO MAX Starts then Reverts back to the home screen ??

David89
Level 8

Re: Roku Stick and HBO Max - Starts then Reverts back to the home screen ?? Any Ideas

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 2710x box and the same thing occurs. Software update looks to have a code defect.

D.

senfield
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. HBO Max gets to its start screen and immediately ceases back to Roku Home. If I restart my Roku, HBO Max stays open. I haven't tried to watch content yet.

Shelleym92
Level 7

Jump to solution

HBO MAX app on Roku is worthless. Added and removed it twice, still doesn't work. It just sends you back to the homescreen.

Moon22
Level 7

Re: Roku Stick and HBO Max - Starts then Reverts back to the home screen ?? Any Ideas

Jump to solution

Same thing happens for me. Hope they fix this quickly.

Kt1130
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Ive tried this several times. I logged out of HBO on all devices. I restarted Roku from the Home Screen, I tried unplugging the whole system and plugging it back in. I deleted the channel and re-added it. I’m still having the same problem. Any other ideas?