Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

Jump to solution

@Gfinn24 wrote:

I tried HBOMax on Hulu and couldn’t access some of the content offered through HBOMax (Harry Potter, Studio Ghibli, etc). Has this changed to now include all content? I was really disappointed to find out HBOMax isn’t available on Roku, especially after I had already subscribed. Then I tried switching to Hulu and couldn’t get the content I was looking for. Has anyone else come across this?  

No. This has not changed. You will not get the Max content of HBO Max on a Roku device until there is an agreement between both parties and you can install the standalone HBO Max app.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max issue SOLVED!!!!

Jump to solution

lol HBO is the one being greedy but ok show what little you know about the situation. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@clfelectro wrote:

Roku won't carry the HBO Max app even though ATT has it ready to go.  Roku being greedy it seems and messing up my streaming.

Solution is so easy!  Don't buy Roku. Throw away if you have one. Get Android TV and install whatever you want from Google Play store.  Problem solved. Free your streaming from the tyranny of Roku!

Why would you throw something away that you've already paid for? You're not sticking it to Roku by doing that. They already got your money...

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I don't know if its been brought up yet, but you can watch HBO Max on Roku using Playon, 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you have Xfinity TV service with HBO or Xfinity Internet you already get HBO Max already. HBO will be coming to the Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Internet Flex box In the coming months. For now Xfinity customers can download the HBO Max app on to there smart phone or tablet and sign in for free with their Xfinity user information. You can also watch HBO Max on the Internet on the HBO website.  Xfinity Flex box is a streaming media box for any Xfinity Internet customer. The Flex box is free. All you have to do is hook up the Xfinity Flex box to your tv. All the apps you don’t get for free as an Xfinity customer you have to pay for. Also anyone who has a Samsung smart tv has HBO Max already installed. Open the HBO Max app on any Samsung Smart TV and sign in with you cable provider information. If your cable provider is not list you can signup for HBO Max monthly service and pay there monthly fee.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you have Xfinity TV service with HBO or Xfinity Internet you already get HBO Max already. HBO will be coming to the Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Internet Flex box In the coming months. For now Xfinity customers can download the HBO Max app on to there smart phone or tablet and sign in for free with their Xfinity user information. You can also watch HBO Max on the Internet on the HBO website.  Xfinity Flex box is a streaming media box for any Xfinity Internet customer. The Flex box is free. All you have to do is hook up the Xfinity Flex box to your tv. All the apps you don’t get for free as an Xfinity customer you have to pay for. Also anyone who has a Samsung smart tv has HBO Max already installed. Open the HBO Max app on any Samsung Smart TV and sign in with you cable provider information. If your cable provider is not list you can signup for HBO Max monthly service and pay there monthly fee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Here is how you can get HBO Max

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How come HBO Max has Friends on the app and on my laptop, but when I sign in on Hulu to my HBO Max account, Friends isn't available to watch? It doesn't even show up anywhere in the menu.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I actually subscribed to HboMax through Hulu and unfortunately you can not access all of HBO’s content through Hulu. When I contacted Hulu I was advised if I wanted access to everything I would have to use the app. Some of the things I wanted to watch but could not through Hulu were ; Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Friends, PLL and so on. A bit disappointing if you ask me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you’re using Hulu trying get HBO Max then all you’re getting is regular HBO content, not the HBO Max content. You do not get HBO Max through Hulu on Roku devices. No wear yet can you get HBO Max content on any Roku device yet. This is why you can’t watch friends through Hulu.  Roku is in negotiation with AT&T who ones WarnerMedia. Hopefully an agreement can be reached soon between AT&T, and Roku on HBO Max.