Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperGonz
Level 8

Re: HBO Max won't let me sign in using a new account - slightly different

Jump to solution

I did find the answer. Uninstall the app, reinstall it, then, when it gives you the "subscribe" font page, go up to the little circle (to the right on the top left 3 items). Scroll all the way to the right & it gives you an option to log out.

Quit the app, then come back & it'll give subscribe and sign-in options

silverz51
Level 7

HBO MAX setup issue

Jump to solution

Today I attempted to subscribe to HBO MAX through my Roku3.  All seemed to go well but, when I clicked on the HBO channel icon, it took me to the old HBO (which I canceled maybe eight months ago).  None of the additional content of HBO MAX was listed. 

I went online to check my Roku account and I it showed that I had signed up for HBO MAX today and it was to be charged to the card on file.  So I turned on the TV, rebooted the Roku and tried to find the HBO MAX icon but it was nowhere to be found.  I tried the old HBO icon and it just opened the old HBO.

I finally decided to completely remove the old HBO channel and it's icon and then repeat the process for adding HBO MAXTHAT WORKED!  The HBO MAX icon finally appeared in the channel list and I could finally view the HBO MAX content, Big Bang Theory and all!

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO Max app - login option not available for existing subscriptions?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with not being prompted to sign in with an existing subscription, we would recommend trying to watch a HBO Max exclusive content (e.g. Flight Attendant), and you should be prompted to login to HBO Max.

Please keep us posted if you are still experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Roderigo
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had an old email address saved for HBO now in my roku from a couple years ago that it kept using no matter how many times I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I went to the top and over to settings and logged out of that email (user name) After that it gives me the option to sign in under my correct email address.

0 Kudos
ThomasCA
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried to do this but it is not asking me to sign in. I am being taken to the subscribe page instead. No matter what I try I do not get a sign in option on my roku 3

Chezzy
Level 7

Jump to solution

I opened several items to try and watch/get a login prompt but only have a ‘preview’ option. No option to play. No play, no login, no subscribe... nothing. Ugh. 

0 Kudos
MarkF
Level 8

Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

Jump to solution

I am a subscriber to regular HBO, purchased and managed through Roku.  Today, I wanted to get going with HBO Max, but had all sort of issues, too many to recount.

So, since my current HBO subscription was ending in two days, 12/19/20, I thought I would just cancel that and then go on my computer to HBOMax and subscribe for six months (20% off deal) under a new account.  That's with a DIFFERENT email address than my HBO account. I did that.

Then I went back to Roku and installed again the HBO Max channel.  I expected it would ask me for my sign in credentials, but it did not.  After waiting all day for it do to this earlier, it apparently converted me to HBO Max and automatically used my log in from my old HBO account. 

So, I thought, okay, I'll just sign out and sign back in with my new HBO Max account. I did the sign out, and it came up with a message saying I can sign back in any time.  Cool. Except it never gives me the sign in screen. Ever. It always logs me back in automatically with my old HBO account credentials. 

I tried over and over signing out, uninstalling/reinstalling the channel, rebooting the Roku (both of my Rokus), but I cannot get it to give me a sign in screen.  And, it usually will not even offer to let me sign out. It's only occasionally even offers me the ability to sign out. Only comes up once in a while.

I even tried going to my HBO Max phone app and telling it to sign out all devices, and waiting the requisite 4 hours it says it may take. Nope, no luck. It still logs me back into my old HBO account automatically.

So, I am HOPING that on 12/20 after my original HBO subscription account expires, that HBO Max will finally let me log in with my new HBO Max account.  But I fear that it will get stuck on some message saying something like "your HBO subscription has expired, do you want to renew?"  Then if I say yes, I'll have two HBO Max acccounts, and if I say no, I'll have not any HBO Max I can watch on Roku.

ALL I WANT IS A SIGN IN SCREEN.

Any input on this?  I'm pulling my hair out.

mabe111
Level 7

Re: Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

Jump to solution

I don't have a fix for you, but just wanted to let you know the same thing is happening to me. No option to sign in anywhere.

donrb
Level 9

Re: Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

Jump to solution

Very frustrated, as well.

HBO Max on my phone works fine - and thank goodness I can Airplay to Roku to watch HBO Max content today.

However, the Roku app refuses to allow me to authenticate via my AT&T login. Instead, it wants me to (re)subscribe for $15.99/mo for a service I *already* receive via AT&T.

What a poor experience by Roku. How can they not be aware of the troubles we are experiencing? They seem more interested in the shared subscription money play. Poor form for a platform very late to the HBO Max fray.

mabe111
Level 7

Jump to solution

None of this has worked for me. I am not getting an option to sign in OR out. Uni stalled, restarted, unplugged, reinstalled, still no option.