Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dee59
Level 7

HBO MAX

I have 3 roku players and HBO max will not work on any of them. It goes to the HBO screen sits there and then kicks me out to roku home screen.  I have 9.4 version, I have reset roku, unstalled HBO and reinstalled, done everything, it just sits there and goes back to home screen.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jahoolie333
Level 8

Re: HBO MAX

Adding my work from this morning, if it helps .....

Checked OS, current.

Restarted Roku box

Uninstalled/reinstalled app many times

Started HBO Max and used the wrong user . Went to sign-out. Opened app again. It crashed. Reinstalled app. Showed up with old account info. AGAIN.

So, Roku has my $14.99 and I have no content. STILL.

Keep writing folks. Roku. Are you listening??

StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO MAX

@Jahoolie333 wrote:

Adding my work from this morning, if it helps .....

Checked OS, current.

Restarted Roku box

Uninstalled/reinstalled app many times

Started HBO Max and used the wrong user . Went to sign-out. Opened app again. It crashed. Reinstalled app. Showed up with old account info. AGAIN.

So, Roku has my $14.99 and I have no content. STILL.

Keep writing folks. Roku. Are you listening??

https://support.roku.com/article/1500000425521

What if I am already subscribed to HBO on The Roku Channel? Will HBO Max also be available?

If you are an existing HBO subscriber via The Roku Channel, you must first cancel your HBO subscription on The Roku Channel through my.roku.com. Then search for the HBO Max app, install it from the Roku Channel Store, and follow the sign-up steps on your Roku device.

To unsubscribe to HBO on The Roku Channel using:

• your computer or mobile device: Go to my.roku.com, select the Manage your subscriptions link and click Unsubscribe next to the "HBO on The Roku Channel" tile.
    • your Roku device: Use your remote to highlight HBO on The Roku Channel and press star button on Roku remote. Select Manage Subscription, and choose Cancel Subscription.
StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos